9

lowercase intended

lowercase intended

while you waited for scaramouche to arrive at your house, you tried your best to entertain the little gremlin you've accidentally gotten your hands on.

the girl known as cat was currently on the floor of the living room, kicking her legs back and forth as she scribbled away on some paper with some markers you had given her. you on the other hand were trying to scrounge around for some food because the fridge was practically empty. you had food, however it was just the ingredients to make food...

yet in the sea of ingredients you were able to acquire one measly apple. which you washed and started cutting them into slices. that's when the sound of the doorbell radiated through the house bringing a sense of happiness in your body because you knew it was scaramouche.

as you jogged over to the door you brushed your wet hands on your pants, dampening them a little whilst you reached for the door handle and opened the door, not even taking a moment to look through the peephole.

the opened door revealed scaramouche, his head was down looking at his phone that was held by his right hand, while his other hand was in his black zip up pocket.

"SCARAMOUCHE!! MY SAVIOR!!" you mildly shouted with excitement, as you wrapped your hands around his neck and nuzzled your face into his shoulder without giving him a warning. you felt him jolt and stumble backwards a little due to the unexpected physical touch and embrace, however he still wrapped his hands around your waist and pulled you close.

"y/n?" he said, his tone was laced with confusion.

you pulled back from the hug, keeping your hands on his shoulders. "dude! i know you just came, but PLEASE go to the supermarket and get some snacks," you said, hoping he'd accept your request.

he let out a chuckle because of the stressed out look on your face, but before he could respond soft patters of footsteps could be heard from behind you.

it was cat, she came over to you, her drawing in hand, however when she saw you in this...very intimate position with an unknown man she froze. you and scaramouche immediately let go of each other and awkwardly stood there as if you were caught doing something illegal.

"is he your boyfriend?" cat asked, cutting the silence in the air, as tilting her head cutely.

"Nononono! he's my friend," you said trying to get rid of any thoughts and speculations she had.

"good, boyfriends are useless anyway," she said as she turned to look at scaramouche, making direct eye contact before saying, "you're gonna be useless."

you immediately slapped your hand over your mouth which emitted a smacking sound. you tried your best to muffle your snickers, however the act seemed to be fruitless as a few giggles escaped. as you turned to scaramouche you could practically see the irk mark on the side of his forehead. he looked like he was going to murder the child.

as if she didn't utter the most insulting words to scaramouche, cat asked excitedly "OOO! when he goes to the supermarket can he get stuff for cookies?!"

that made you absolutely lose it, the contrasting faces really added the cherry on top. cat looking up at scaramouche with sparkles in her eyes while scaramouche looks down at her with dull and annoyed eyes letting out a sigh.

 cat looking up at scaramouche with sparkles in her eyes while scaramouche looks down at her with dull and annoyed eyes letting out a sigh

sleek, automatic, glass doors slid open for the countless civilians entering and exiting. inside the supermarket sounds of the crowds, and the cash registers beeping overpowered anything else. customers pushed and shoved around as they tried to squeeze past each other to get to their desired aisles.

in between all of the commotion the three of you stood. a change of plans had occurred, originally scaramouche was supposed to go alone. however, the sound of cat whining and complaining about wanting to come with did not seem appetizing to take care of. so the only option was to take her with you...

now you were in aisle 12 looking for snacks and drinks with scaramouche who was pushing the trolley around, whilst you carried cat in your arms. you scanned through the shelved, taking snacks such as pocky, sour patch kids, potato chips, and more. the trolley was practically stacked, you wouldn't need to go snack shopping for what seemed years.

on your way to the cashier you remembered you wanted some tortilla chips and salsa. when the memory came to mind, a small gasp emitted from your lips. you turned to scaramouche and handed him cat while saying, "wait! i forgot something hold her."

"huh?" scaramouche said, his voice and face having confusion written all over it. "what did you forget?" he asked he entered the line.

"tortilla chips and salsa!!!" i said while walking away.

"you can live without that, stay." he said in a monotone voice, but you can hear the slight annoyance in his voice. his hand trying to reach for your wrist, but before he could grab it you pulled away.

"nope! byeee!" you said, having a cheeky smile when seeing his annoyed face.

𝐀/𝐍: woah is that an update !?!?!

next chapter is very silly and stupid