8

lowercase intended

lowercase intended

as you laid down on your bed, texting your friends you heard your doorbell ring. you assumed it was the lady who wanted you to take care of her cat.

so, you hastily and excitedly got off your bed and started making your way down to the first floor to answer the door.

you were pretty excited as your love for cats exceeded anything else! including, how this job sounded pretty easy, and the pay was pretty good for your standards.

before you opened the door, you looked through the tiny peephole on your door. on the other side you saw a lady.

her black hair was untidy and scruffy but she looked like she tried to brush it out this morning. additionally, her makeup looked scruffy, dirty, and patchy as well as if she hadn't removed it in years.

however, you shrugged it off as you wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. you do remember when you talked to her online she mentioned being pretty busy and tired.

'maybe that's why she looks like this?' you thought to yourself.

as you opened the door you had now revealed her whole appearance to you. you looked at her and saw her outfit was a black suit that fitted her nicely and made her look professional, but now your eyes were looking for the cute cat she had mentioned.

however, when you tried to look around you didn't see a cat or a dog or matter of fact a four legged animal in sight.

before you could process what even happened the lady started moving around and speaking frantically as if in a rush.

"hi, thank you so much for wanting to take care of my darling cat! i have to get going now! i'm going to be late for work," she said quickly as humanly possible as she handed you her supposed cat.

once she was done speaking she tried to quickly run over to her car, stumbling quite a bit, because she was in heels.

you just stood there holding her "cat" and being dumbfounded of what to do.

. . .

'WHAT THE FUCK!?!?'

you hurriedly enter your house, closing and locking the door, while placing the "cat" down on the couch and picking up your phone to message your friends.