Chapter Twenty Three

The moment Clint landed close to the farmhouse, he walked over to Natasha and Ophelia. Tony stood up and let the young girl lean against him for support, and Clint helped Natasha to her feet, giving the other man a nod in thanks for helping Ophelia. He knew how awkward Tony could be, so to see him helping Ophelia made him happy.

When Clint walked inside, he greeted his wife, before introducing her to the rest of the team. Barely a moment later, Clint's two children came running down to greet him. He looked so happy, but a lot of the team was baffled by what they had just witnessed.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Lia?" The kids asked, looking over towards the team.

"Why don't you hug them and find out?" Natasha replied, bending down slightly to the height of the children.

Ophelia pulled herself away from Tony, and stuck out her arms to hug the children. She had missed them dearly, and after the horror that played in her head, feeling their arms around her made her feel better. She felt accepted and at home.

Not even a moment later, a murmur of "Aunt Laura," was heard through the baby monitor on the table. Laura smiled happily, before she excused herself and went upstairs. Laura quickly grabbed the little boy from his crib. Greyson was two years old, so his L sounded more like a W, but Laura didn't care. Once she had him in her arms, she carried him down the stairs and into the room where all the Avengers were standing.

"Mommy!" Greyson yelled, the moment he had caught sight of his mother.

"Oh, my little Grey." She cooed, as she walked over and scooped him up out of Laura's arms.

Ophelia peppered kisses all over Greyson's face, as he giggled and tried to push her away playfully. The mother loved her little boy more than life itself. He looked almost like a carbon copy of her father when he was that age, which made the girl happy. She didn't want any memory of what had happened to her, and luckily Greyson was going to keep the looks of Ophelia and her father. Ophelia had actually looked a lot like her father when she was a baby as well, so she wasn't surprised when Greyson did.

Thor, Tony, Bruce, and Steve all stared at Ophelia and Greyson. They didn't know about the little boy, but seeing her with her son made them smile. It made the weight of the world just a little less heavy. The woman was an amazing mother, and her little boy loved her so much, so not knowing this secret didn't matter to them.

"Lia, you can go up to your room to shower and rest," Laura commented,"I'll come get you when dinner is ready."

"Thank you." Ophelia replied, before she quickly made her way upstairs.

Once she was upstairs, she grabbed some clothes for herself, and some clothes for Greyson. She decided that this was going to be one of the few times she let him shower with her. It made it easier for her to shower and watch him, as well as keeping him close by at all times. After cleaning herself and her son, she wrapped a robe around her body, and carried Greyson to her room.

She dried him off, and rubbed lotion on him like he enjoyed after every bath or shower, before she slid on his new clothes. She then dressed herself in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, before she sat down at her vanity and dried her hair. As soon as her hair was dry, and picked up Greyson and laid down in bed. The little boy snuggled close to his mom, and within minutes, they were both asleep.

Clint and Laura went to check on them soon after, and when they seen the two sleeping, Clint couldn't help but sigh. He and Laura walked to their room, and he sat on the bed. Laura could tell that something was bothering him, she just didn't know exactly what was bothering him.

"What's the matter?" Laura asked, as she sat down next to her husband.

"Ophelia," He replied, causing the woman to raise an eyebrow in question,"She was so hurt today. That girl, Wanda, I don't know what she put in Ophelia's head, but she was so scared and upset. She cried almost the whole way here. I don't know what she seen, but I know it tore her up. I think after this, she needs to take a break from the superhero life." He said, causing his wife to nod.

"Yes, but so do you." She replied, making him sigh.

"After she and I take on Ultron one last time, we'll settle down. I'll keep her out of the superhero life, and have her get use to mom life here. I know her dad would appreciate it." He commented, and his wife smiled.

"I'll call him tonight, let him know what's happened so far. I'll let him know what you said, too, so he knows soon she won't be putting herself in danger." Laura said, causing the man to nod silently.

Laura and Clint loved the girl and her son. They wanted to do what was best for her, and the two knew that taking her out of the superhero life for a while would be the best. Maybe even letting her see her old friend Peter would be good too.

Clint planned to bring Ophelia and Greyson to see Paul and the rest of the Fast family as soon as he could. He might even bring his own kids to introduce them to some of their favorite actors. In all honesty, if this was what it took to keep all of the kids safe, it's exactly what he was going to do. After seeing so much pain on Ophelia's face, he refused for her to feel the same way again if he could help it...