20. You've got nothing to say

En başından başla

He grabs a hold of my hand, without interlocking our fingers, keeping me close as we descend the staircase and make our way over to the bar.

"What the hell was that about?" I ask loudly as soon as we get to a stopping point.

He doesn't speak to me, just gives whoever is working the bar his requests. It takes a moment for him to turn back around and finally give me his attention.

"It's nothing really" Folio finally speaks, shrugging it off dismissively as if there wasn't some obvious underlying issue.

"Don't lie" my tone comes out stern as his nonchalant demeanor begins to irk me. I just want to be aware of whatever it is that's got Noah so on edge. I would of been able to look past it and brush it off, but every so often out of the corner of my eye I can see Noah watching me like a hawk from the balcony he resides on with everyone.

Folio lets out a discontent sigh, as he adjusts the hat on his head.

"There's just some not so good guys here tonight and Noah is nervous about it" he finally admits, defeated, shaking his head as he speaks.

"What do you mean by 'not so good guys' " I can't help but question it, not fully understanding the issue.

"Like, fucking perverts Vee " he's beginning to lose his patience with my questions, a fact all to evident by the annoyance dripping his voice.

For once, I'm at a loss for words. I'm not ignorant to the fact that the world is full of sick and twisted individuals, but I never thought I'd be faced with it first hand. The concern coming from Noah about the situation is enough for me to understand the severity. We only wait a few minutes for our drinks to arrive. I take my vodka soda and Noah's double shot of Henny in my hands while folio carries his and Jolly's drink. As soon as we make it back up to the lounge area, Noah relieves me from my duties by taking his shot from my hand. Throwing it back immediately.

We step away from the crowd and walk over to a small loveseat, Noah plopping down and instantly pulling me into his lap to sit. He snakes his long arms around my midsection, securing me tightly against him.

"Already feeling it, huh?" I try to spark lighthearted conversation as I begin to sip on my drink.

"No. Just feeling you" his words catch me by surprise, causing my skin to tingle with goosebumps. He talks lowly, getting a few inches away from my ear.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement, I am practically shitting bricks at his words. I try to calm myself by gulping down a few hefty swigs of my drink, but nothing seems to halt the eruption of fireworks at my center.

"Im sorry if I'm being overbearing. There's just a lot of creeps here tonight" when he speaks again he changes the topic, his confession causing my head to snap back and face him. His features are soft as he gives me a sincere look.

"Then why bring me at all?" It's a good question, and one that's been plaguing my mind since Folio let me in on the little secret moments ago. If he's so afraid of what might happen to me, then why put me directly in the middle of it.

"I wanted you with me. Im gonna be gone for three months and I want to be able to spend as much time together as possible" I can't stop the smile from forming on my lips at his words. I couldn't be happier to have gotten to this place with Noah recently. It makes all the bullshit I've dealt with lately seem worth it, I'd do it all again if it meant this would always be the outcome.

The hours pass by quickly as I become acquainted with various people in Noah's life. He introduced me to many of his fellow friends in the music scene. Many of which are people we grew up admiring. I can't help but internally fangirl slightly. It was surreal to be able to shake hands with people I looked up to in my teens, and even more so knowing they knew my best friend by name. I couldn't be more proud of him.