14. I hope you choke on every fucking word you said.

Noah's POV

I stand outside the hotel room for what feels like hours, staring at the white paint that's beginning to peel from the years of ware. You can see the slightest cracks that have begun to run horizontally across the aged wood. The hallway is silent, not a single sound being made from any direction.

I can't bring myself to enter. If I had to take a guess it would be safe to assume that Veronica is still awake, crying from the pain she is being put through. Knowing I did nothing but dig the knife in deeper causes me to feel nauseated at myself. I'm not ignorant to the fact that none of this is her fault. We were all just casualties in Jaspers way while he made his desperate attempts to get her back into his grasps. Didn't make the situation sting any less, nor did it help cushion the blow. I just couldn't help but feel an overwhelming amount of vexation whenever she fell into my view. Not towards her in particular but her stupid fuck of an ex. The man she welcomed into her life without hesitation, and never once question his integrity. She was just a constant reminder that not matter how far she ran, or how hard she tried to erase him from her history he will always be lurking in the shadows. He will always hunt her down like his prey, waiting to take his claim back on her.

Just when I thought there was a possibility of our relationship not only mending, but progressing, I was smacked in the face with the harsh reality.

There were too many complication.

I let out a discontented sigh, trying my best to push the thoughts out of my head. It's late, or early rather, I can't do any cognitive thinking. I've made enough bad decisions to last a life time already, it's time to power down for a while. With a shaky hand I withdrawal the keycard from my pocket, tapping it against the electric lock and waiting for it to flash green. The door opens slowly , revealing a dark and desolate room. To my surprise I don't hear any signs of a restless Veronica, only the faint sound of snoring filling the air. Carefully, I step in and shut the door behind me slowly not trying to disturb Veronica's slumber.

When I round the corner I'm shocked at the scene displayed in front of me. Not only is Veronica sound asleep, but her tired head lays peacefully across Folio's chest as his right arm tangles around her petite frame. A hot wave of anger washes over me at the sight. My face begins to sizzle as my pointed stare starts to burn from the intensity it holds. I can't move, speak, or even breathe as I watch them wrapped up in each other.

A million different scenarios play in my head as I gawk at the duo. Did I unintentionally push her straight into his arms with my stone cold actions? Was he the one she ran to when I childishly turned my back on her when she needed me? Does this confirm my fears that there was something more between the pair, more than an innocent friendship?

I can't form a cohesive thought, my mind frantic as I take three hefty strides over to their side of the bed and give him a slight shove. His eyes snap open in a panic, wide as they scan the dim room and land on me.

"Get the fuck up" it comes out hushed, but the hardness it holds is all too evident.

Gently he removes Veronica's arm off of his midsection, as he moves her body to lay beside him. With much apprehension he stands from the bed, double checking to make sure he didn't wake her.

"It's not what it looks like" his defense comes without hesitation, as his eyes glisten with trepidation.

"Then please, Nicholas, tell me what it is" despite my best attempts to keep my anger at bay, it fails. I can tell by the slight flinch that paints his face as my words fall into his ears.

I watch as he swallows harshly, chest rising and falling as his eyes dance across the grimace on my face. It brings me no joy to speak to him in this manner, but my exasperation is getting the best of me.