seventeen

soobin walked with a bright grin on his face, happiness coursing through his body. his mind beaming with thoughts of finally being with yeonjun without the interruption of bin.

despite being painfully aware of the inescapability of his alter ego, soobin figured he'd make the effort to minimize its influence. eliminating triggers and frustrations, hoping to find a way to break from the grasp of bin overall. with nothing in the way, he hoped that in a way he'd be good enough for yeonjun.

the gentle embrace of the crisp autumn breeze enveloped him, soothing his thoughts with a subtle touch. he gazed downward, watching as the air playfully nudged his clothes, causing them to cling to his bare skin. soobin carefully bit down onto his lip, sucking in a deep breath of air as he did so.

he let out a soft sigh, and saw the bunker that was hidden beneath the woods creeping into his vision. he let out a soft mumble and looked around to make sure no one was near him or following. not like anyone was going to, it was nighttime and with the announcement that bin was officially out and escaped no one wanted to be out at night.

he immediately walked in, after unlocking it of course, and let out a sigh of relief. "hey," he ushered out; rubbing his hands together and taking off his jacket and mask. he looked over at yeonjun and smiled when he saw the boy sitting on the mattress.

"hey.." yeonjun said softly and weakly, his eyes traveling to meet soobins. "i managed to get some soup! i wasn't sure which kind you wanted so the person got me all different types." soobin explained walking over to the shaking boy.

it was quite cold in the bunker, beings that it was nearing winter and yeonjun only had a mere t-shirt with a pair of ratted down jeans. "do you need a jacket?" soobin asked as he approached, earning a slight nod from yeonjun.

soobin smiled, "first lets eat yeah?" he offered, pulling out the food for yeonjun. he settled the plates before him and handed him a spoon and fork; with a pair of chopsticks just to satisfy whichever one yeonjun might've wanted.

yeonjun smiled, "thank you." he whispered out, his eyes averting to the open cabinet behind soobin and quickly back to the food.

soobin cocked his eyebrows, and turned back. "oh your jacket!" he said, surely thinking that was what yeonjun was staring at. he gently got up and walked over.

yeonjun felt the anxiety creep up his spine as he watched soobin inch closer and closer to the open cabinet. prayers and thoughts coursing through his mind.

soobin grabbed the jacket, and turned back.

"are you okay?" soobin asked yeonjun, noticing the boy looked quite pale and nauseous. yeonjun smiled awkwardly at the black haired boy, "y-yeah" he stuttered out, looking back down at the food below him.

soobin scrunched his face out of confusion, "okay." he said with a slight smile, not wanting to take it any further just in case bin was lurking.

"oh i forgot," soobin mumbled turning back around and immediately froze. he felt his eyes darken as he looked at the wooden piece.

"yeonjun." his dark voice spoke, sending a shiver down yeonjuns spine.