"Liz upstairs taking her sweet time?" Fiona asked with a smile.

"As always," I nodded.

She headed past me through the open door. "I'll bitch her out. Maybe she has better stilettos I can wear tonight too."

The two men and I were now alone on the porch. David gave me a loaded look and was quick to take this as an opportunity. He quietly closed the door so we had more privacy on the porch. Oh boy. This will be interesting if he didn't want Fiona to hear.

David smirked to me and spoke quietly. "Now that loud-mouth is gone, it's a good time to tell you this. From one former whore to a new one: you and any of your boytoys need to do better with timing."

I was beyond confused. "What are you talking about?"

Lonny spoke up. "Some guy was creeping around about 30 minutes ago."

"Yeah, next time you try sneaking someone in, wait until after we all leave," David said amusingly. "You're new to being a rebellious little hellion, but try not getting caught when you're in the mood for some dick. Waiting until Liz is out of the house gives you less risk and more reward."

Looking between them, my eyes grew. "Wait, wait, what exactly did you see?"

"Some guy was walking around the back of the house. He was getting quite close to David's flowers," Lonny snorted.

"If I learn he trampled my new fucking daisies, I will skin your new fuckboy alive," David scowled.

"Did... did he try to get inside?"

"I'm not sure. We had better things to do besides watching your contraband try to smuggle itself in."

I was instantly uneasy. "I didn't invite anyone over. I didn't try to have anyone sneak in."

David dramatically sighed. "Just like you didn't fuck some guy at that party? I told you to embrace the walk of shame. Now, embrace the climb-through-the-window of shame."

Instead of me spreading my legs, did they consider maybe someone was breaking and entering?! Why didn't that cross their minds first? I didn't have time to be annoyed. I was scared. My paranoid ass jumped to the worst-case scenario, but what else would pop up besides being hunted by demons? Hopefully, it was Jamie or Peter. With some daylight left, they must have seen the guy.

Crossing my arms, I bit my lip. "What did he look like?"

"Don't play dumb. I'm not busting you. Just offering some advice," he said more seriously, eyes shifting to the sound of the door opening.

Liz and Fiona stepped out. "I'm ready, I'm ready, nobody start a bitching war with me."

"We also did a stiletto swap," Fiona added towards the guys.

Liz and her darker and more casual eye-make matched her skirt and a frilly blouse. She turned to me. "Jos, we won't be out too late since someone decided to have kids," she said teasingly.

"They are worth it though! Sometimes," Fiona said.

"Not on nights when you have to cut happy hour short."

I passed on hanging out with these full-grown adults. I was already a third wheel to Liz and David, so these other people would make me a flat tire on the side of the road. I was sure I wouldn't have much in common with them, especially in my state of mind. However, after hearing that someone was sneaking around the house... I was ready to be the most grateful unwanted person in the group.

As they started down the porch steps, I caught Liz's arm. "I think I changed my mind. Maybe I should come along."

"You decide now? Jos, we're already late. Didn't you say you were feeling sick anyway?"