"You finally woke up." she said with a limited enthusiasm. "I'm Kuina, your hospital roommate."

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." you politely introduced yourself too.

"I heard a lot of the patients happened to die for a minute. Me included. Are you perhaps in the same situation?" she asked and you offered her a positive answer.

"Yeah. Did that minute felt more for you too?"

"You have no idea..."

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

"You suffered the loss of quite a lot of blood. Because of it, I'll be honest, I thought your chances to live were slim. Especially since your heart also stopped for a minute. I'm glad you proved me wrong." the doctor said after the examination. "I advise you to take it easy, we still have to keep an eye on you. You might encounter dizziness, maybe even faint especially if you stress too much."

"I'll be careful, doc." you offered the man quite a positive attitude considering the circumstances. He must be very busy since you weren't the only one who needed assistance because of the incident.

After receiving his nod, he took one last look at you before leaving the room.
Haru stared at you, knowing that you had the urge to run to Arisu. He knew your kind heart and the way you genuinely cared for people, especially those you chose to have around. Your brother admired you and also envied you, aware of the fact that not so many could create a bond that strong with someone. Not even him.

"You can go. I know that's what you want. I'll be here when you come back." he said giving you an encouraged look, which you appreciated.

"You know I love you too, right?"

"You heard that?" he asked starting to feel embarrassed.

"Yeah, it's not a crime to show that you care once in a while." you told him and he looked taken aback. You changed. "I'll go now." you said getting up from the hospital bed.

You felt a change just like your brother. It was obvious you began to see things differently, but you doubted the fact that it was just because of a death threatening experience. It felt more in depth than that.
Once you closed the door behind you, you faced how many people were wandering the hallways of the hospital. Some doctors and nurses were running, while some patients were walking slowly like you were. Some people were also visitors and others had built up tears in their eyes, not ready to let them go. Everything that happened was a tragedy, that you knew it would change the world. Maybe for the better or for the worse. But many that took everything for granted, including you, would stop doing so. Appreciating little things and every interaction you held with someone dear to you. Life was a weird thing, but it was so worth living. Good or bad.

In the distance you noticed the one person you were looking for. He was staring from a window, while holding quite pained but also relaxed look. Arisu was watching people outside, who were glad they survived. They spent time with the ones they loved, smiling and talking. Everyone faced quite a change after the events, not just you.
You took some steps closer to Arisu and once you were next to him, he became aware of your presence. He turned to face you and a big warm smile formed on his facial features. A smile that always comforted you. The next thing that happened was him putting his arms around you. The hug held such a great meaning to you. Two best friends that survived and now had to deal with the loss of their other ones. It wasn't fair but you had each other. Chota and Karube would've loved that for you.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑳𝒀 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑺 | 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑦𝑎 𝑥 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟. 🎉