Your heart dropped at the news — but why did it feel as if you already knew about it?

  "Who made it?" you asked with a shaky tonality.

  "Arisu."

Deep down you already knew that he would be the one surviving such a thing and you were thankful he did.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Haru finally asked the question you were most uncertain about.

"Mother and father wanted to marry me off to some med student. Then, I ran, he followed."

"Classic..." he said smiling.

"Do you think they'll still go with it? After what happened." you asked thinking again about the sudden engagement.

Somehow, you weren't that repulsed anymore by the idea. You felt different after waking up — about other people and about yourself.
And when it came to the man you barely knew and were supposed to marry, you felt more at ease. As if there was a new voice inside of you that pushed you into doing things you wouldn't normally do. Like getting to know him as a person, not as someone you were paired with by force. Because he was a person after all, he had feelings, opinions and ideas. Just like you.

"I'm not sure. Last time I talked to them before the incident they seemed quite serious about it." your brother stated.

"Would they care more about it than me almost losing my life?" the question escaped your lips and your brother looked at you surprised that you'd think so.

"Y/N, I've never seen our parents as destroyed as when I first walked into this room. You might think they don't care about your wellbeing, only about the family's image, but they do. Even this marriage thing probably has a hidden reason that has to do with you."

"Where are they, anyway?" after you asked, you looked at the hesitation on his face.

"Dad had an important meeting and mom is trying to distract herself by assisting him."

"Of course... What did I expect?" you voiced it, but it was mostly adressed to yourself.

You tried to ignore the negative feelings building up inside of you by trying to get up from the hospital bed. While sitting on the edge of the bed, Haru held a confused expression. But once you got rid of every needle connected to your body, Haru began his attempt of stopping you.

"Where are you trying to go?" he asked and you rolled your eyes.

"I'm not running away if that's what you think. I'm going to see how my only best friend left is doing. He must be in as much pain as I am."

Haru couldn't stop you now from doing so. He couldn't even imagine how you must be feeling after just waking up and finding out everything. He trusted the fact that you were able to take care of yourself.

"At least let me get a doctor first. Then, you can go wherever you want."

Your eyes scanned him and all you could notice was worry. It was the first time he genuinely showed his care for you. Watching him being so thoughtful was new to you, but comforting, you couldn't just ignore it and act impulsively. After all, he was your family and you appreciated the way he tried his best.

"Fine." you gave in and he nodded, while leaving you alone to get someone.

Instead of him, someone else came right in. The sound of wheels made you turn your head to the source. A young woman, around your age, maybe younger, was in a wheelchair and offered you a small smile before going to the other bed on the right. She seemed nice and she also held a familiar vibe around her. It made you feel comfortable around her, even though she was a complete stranger.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫𝑳𝒀 𝑮𝑨𝑴𝑬𝑺 | 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑦𝑎 𝑥 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟. 🎉