Rong Ting was very shocked. He was also full of anticipation for the high-speed train trip.

He was very curious about everything here and wanted to see it for himself.

***

Yung Heng returned to the Xie residence. He now had a basic understanding of the Xie family's situation. When he returned this time, he originally did not need to live in the old residence. He had a villa and an apartment under his name, but after leaving for such a long time, the Xie family had called long ago to have a meal together.

The Xie family's old residence was located halfway up the mountain. The air here was fresh. The Xie family's old man and Xie Yanjun lived in the main building. The auxiliary building was equivalent to the staff's dormitory. The drivers, security guards, and nannies all lived in the auxiliary building.

Today, the Xie family was very happy, including Xie Yanjun. The older generation of wealthy families, especially families like theirs, placed great importance on their children. Although they did not speak of the feudal society's first wife and concubine, they still agreed in their hearts. An illegitimate child naturally could not compare to the son that they had with their first wife.

Xie Yanjun still felt a lingering fear when he recalled it. That day, he had received a call from his wife. Over the phone, his wife had choked up and told him that their son had already been found. It was just that he had suffered very serious injuries and was still being treated. He could die at any time. He did not dare believe it and asked her over the phone if she was certain that it was their son, A-Heng. His wife said that when they found him, she had already gone to identify him. It was their son. To be safe, she had even done a DNA test. It was indeed their son.

In truth, he had felt a headache long ago. His wife had hurt her body when giving birth to A-Heng. There was basically no possibility of her having another child. She was no longer as young as she had been in her youth. She was almost 50 years old. How could she have another child. If A-Heng really was no longer around, it would have been an earth-shattering disaster for the Xie family.

The Xie family needed to have a successor. He and his wife only had this one son. If their son was gone, who would they look for?

Fortunately, A-Heng had been found. Although she had escaped death, she was a good person!

This allowed Xie Yanjun to let out a sigh of relief.

In his heart, he did not want to give the position of successor to his youngest son. His youngest son's status was still too low. If an illegitimate child really inherited the Xie family, would the Xie family not become a joke in the capital?

During the meal, although nobody spoke much, the atmosphere was relaxed.

After the meal, Mrs. Xie wanted Yung Heng to accompany her for a stroll to help with digestion.

Mrs. Xie would be 50 years old after the new year, but she maintained herself very well. She was graceful and luxurious, and her every movement was elegant. She wore a qipao on the inside and a coat that reached her knees. Her long hair was tied up, and she looked very much like a noble lady from old Shanghai.

The two walked along a small path outside the old residence. Although it was winter, the weather today was very good. The sun shining down on their bodies made them feel warm.

Yung Heng wore a grey coat, and his back was very straight.

Mrs. Xie's voice was gentle, and her eyes were curved when she spoke. She appeared very gentle, "A-Heng, in the past, you always asked me about the things that happened when your father and I were young, and I always felt that there was nothing to say. Now that these things have happened, mother also has something to say to you. What should I say? You are very good. Everyone says that sons are like mothers, and daughters are like fathers. I don't know if this is true, but you are not like me, and you are not like him."