26-30

26-

     As the end of the year approached, Song Haiping became very busy. He had some connections in the city, so he needed to travel around.

As usual, Song Haiping treated a few of his friends to dinner. When he was preparing for his next stop, he saw a familiar face in the hall as soon as he walked out of the private room.

Song Haiping was a poor boy when he was young. The reason why he was able to become rich so quickly was not only because of his ex-wife's sharp eyes, but also because of his ability. He was very good at socializing. In his ex-wife's words, he was good at talking to people and talking to ghosts. Although he was almost 50 years old, he was very confident in his memory. Even though they had only met once, he could recognize that the man was the driver of the Xie family's young master.

"Hello, do you still remember me?" Song Haiping took the initiative to approach him. He had a keen sense of smell and could smell the cigarette smell on the man. He decisively handed him a cigarette. "My child ran onto the road mischievously and almost caused you trouble. After that, I've been thinking about whether your car had any problems."

When Song Haiping received Xie Heng's business card, he was still a little dazed. During this period of time, he had thought about contacting this young master, but on second thought, with the Xie family's status in Beijing, there were many people who wanted to climb up the social ladder. This young master had just been discharged from the hospital after narrowly escaping death. He could not understand his temperament and mood, so he could only bide his time.

He had never expected to see Xie Heng's driver in the city!

The driver, Sun Qiming, only remembered when he heard what Song Haiping said. After all, it had been a few months since the incident. He took the cigarette and smiled. "You're too kind. The car is fine."

"I just arrived in Beijing and didn't know many people. I only realized it was Mr. Xie when I was talking to my friend the other day." Song Haiping looked around for a while. "Is Mr. Xie also here?"

Sun Qiming had been working for Xie Heng for several years.

In the past, he still dared to fish in troubled waters. His boss was gentle and easy to talk to. Occasionally, he would reveal his whereabouts to others for rewards, such as the daughter of a rich family. But now, it was different. He could feel that after that incident, his boss's temperament had not changed drastically, but he was beginning to be unfathomable. The benefits of being his boss's chauffeur were extraordinary, and he didn't want to lose this job. Therefore, even if Madam Xie asked, he wouldn't easily reveal his boss's whereabouts, let alone a stranger.

"No." Sun Qiming's tone was perfunctory. "I still have something to do."

This meant that he was leaving.

Song Haiping did not expect Xie Heng's driver to be so tight-lipped.

Although he wanted to find out more, the driver was already acting like this. He was also considered a reputable person in the city. He really couldn't bring himself to smile and smile apologetically to the driver.

However, if he could see Xie Heng's driver in the city, then it was very likely that Xie Heng was here.

He had to find someone to investigate. Next year, he was going to focus on developing his career in Beijing. Beijing was deep. If he could get on board with a big ship like Xie Heng, even if it was just a little relationship, then his life in Beijing would be much smoother.

***

The first snow this year came relatively early. In previous years, it had come after New Year's Day, but this time, it was on Christmas Eve.