Chapter 2

"thoughts"

...

"...Pardon?" 

Clerivan was flabbergasted for a second, but he immediately calm down. Then he stared at his master directly without noticing a sweat dripping on his face.

"Not to be rude sire but Lady Shananet is already married, living happily with her family." Clerivan politely said.

After hearing his words, Rulac burst out laughing.

"HAHAHAHA--!!, Not her! I mean the other one, Elizabeth." said Rulac.

When he heard his master mention Elizabeth made him silent and was driven in thought.

"Elizabeth..? " he pondered in thought suddenly an image of her flashes into his mind, her beautiful and her kind smile, he cant help but think of her. They were acquainted back at the past when they both attended in the academy, even now they're still thick and thin. 

While he was in his state of mind, Rulac was watching him closely, "Even though I want my daughter to be married but I cant send her off to a guy who cant make her happy and is not perfect in everything, my lovely daughter deserves a perfect husband." then clerivan came into his mind, he thought carefully while his hand is brushing his chin. 

"I guess Clerivan fitted all this traits." he confirmed while still looking at him.

As for Clerivan, he was still unsure of his feelings for Elizabeth, he was having doubts whether he should accept this feelings or not, she is a Lombardi and a mage, his afraid that she might not feel the same way as he his. 

"Well?" 

Then Clerivan was back from his never ending thoughts when he heard his master calling out to him. After having his second thoughts he then cleared his throat then stared at Rulac.

"Truth to be told sir, i have still doubts for what i feel to Lady Elizabeth.."

His response made Rulac fell into silence. "I see, so he doesn't want to get rejected by my daughter." 

The silent atmosphere Rulac is giving, made Clerivan nervous maybe because the way he respond earlier? 

"HAHAHAHA-"

Suddenly his eyes widen when he saw Rulac's reaction. He was laughing.

"If thats what you think, then i guess their is no need to continue further" said Rulac with a smile on his face, he then continued " Please forgive me for involving you in this nonsense." Rulac apologize.

Clerivan is still nervous but decided to calm down. "Its alright sir, I understand." he responded.