Chapter 1

"thoughts"

...

"Elizabeth" said Rulac, also known as the current Head of the Lombardi. He was drinking his tea until he called out his second assistant.

"Yes, sire? " his assistant replied.

" Eliza drop the formalities, you are my daughter" said Rulac.

She sighed "Alright, alright", she then asked again "Yes, father?".

Her father chuckled a bit and then cleared his throat "When are you going to marry? Your siblings have already settled with their partners and having kids, you're the only one left.?" He said with a worried tone thinking that his daughter might stay independent forever.

" I'm quite worried that you might be alone forever" he explained.

She was silent.

"Marriage?" she thought, she never once considered herself to be married to someone she will live and love in her entire life, of course she is already at the age to be married but with the duties as a mage as well as the second assistant of her father, the family's priorities must come first before her own. The burdens she must carry in able for her father to rest peacefully.

"Father, I'm glad that you're worried about me" she paused for a minute, "but i decided that... I will become independent."

The room was silent.

"I-Independent!?" her father shouted with a shocking expression on his face. His outburst startled the servants behind the door, so he calmed down a bit.

He then close his eyes then cleared his throat. "Are you serious?" he exclaimed, looking directly to his daughter then continued "Even being in love with someone?" he asked.

The thought of falling in love with someone made her thought of him. She was blushing. She then shakes that thought away and looks away from her father.

Her father notice it then decided to tease her a a bit. "I see" a smirk plastered in his face while brushing his chin with his hand. "Who is he?" "Is he someone i know?" he asked facing his daughter with a calm smile.

His daughter was taken aback from her father's sudden questions but calmed down after, "Father, I humbly ask you to stop thinking these foolish things." she scolded her father while facing him. But her father only responded to her with a close smile.

He continued nonetheless, "I'm quite curio-" but someone interrupted their conversation.

"Father, may we come in?" it was his sons. He suddenly remembered that their is something he wants to discuss with his sons. He looks towards his daughter, and she nodded right away then stands up from her seat got behind her father.

"Yes, you may" he said.

Then the door was opened revealing his three sons, Viese, Laurels and Gallahan, they immediately move forward with Gallahan following behind them.