"How was it living with them?" She asked.

"It was never good, because he was always beating her. Like he would get mad if he came home and there was no food on the table. He never touched me till the night I hit him with the bat. He was just an abusive asshole. Every night it was something. It was constant arguing or yelling. I don't want that type of love. I wanna be able to sit down and talk our problems out."

"I'm surprised he didn't change after he went to jail. He just came back like it was nothing?" She asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. My mom told me one morning that he was getting out. Then the next day I came home from school and he was sitting on the couch."

"That's a lot. I'm sorry you had to go through that." She said.

"It was, but as I got older I decided to distance myself more. Me going to college was like an escape."

"I felt that." She said. That was the end of our conversation. Because we were both tired and ended up falling asleep.

The next morning, we all got up at 6 am to get ready. Me and Amora took a shower together and then got dressed. (Outfit in mm). Once everyone was ready we Uber to the airport. We were early so we were waiting for the plane. I sat down next to Amora after she begged me to go to Starbucks to get her some coffee and cookies.

"Here you go." Giving her the coffee and cookies.

"Thank you cariño." She said as I started to play a game on my phone to kill time. Once the plane was ready, we got on. Of course, once me and Amora were comfortable we fell asleep.

Mya woke us up, honestly, she scared the fuck outta me. She constantly tapped on me like the plane was falling into the ocean or something. I grabbed our bags and got off the plane. We met up with Jalaiyah and then got our rental cars. We drove to the Airbnb we got. Since it was just us six, we got a 3 bedroom. We pulled up, I took our bags to our room and instantly fell on the bed. I felt Amora lay down as well.

"You still sleepy?" She asked.

"No, just laying down."

"Kevin said there's a party tonight if you wanna go." She said.

"Damn we just got here, how the fuck does he know that, but I'll go if you go baby." I said that because she doesn't like parties too much. And if we do go, we stayed for a good hour and then leave.

"We can stay for an hour." She said. See what I'm talking about. Fuck that party, but if my baby wanna go I'll go.

"Okay." We stayed in the room. And watched TV till it was time to go. We left the house and pulled up to another one not too far from us. We walked in together, I saw Kevin dap someone up. They welcomed us in their section. Me and Amora sat down and shared a blunt. The party was cool. Me and Amora danced for a while then I went to grab a drink, I ended up accidentally bumping into someone. I looked at them to apologize but then I realized I knew the person.

 I looked at them to apologize but then I realized I knew the person