Mr. James says "Good morning students!"

Everyone except me mumbled "Good morning." I honestly didn't reply.

Mr. James looks at the girl "This is Nova Collins. She is a new student here. She is the youngest here so don't gang up on her students." He shoots me a glare.

Nova nods at the teacher and sits in front of me which is the only desk available. I tapped her shoulder and she turned around to me.

I say "I'm Shawn Gilbert. He said you were Nova Collins right?"

She nods "Yes, he did."

I raise an eyebrow "Collins as in the scientist named Logan Collins?"

She sighs and nods "Yes. That's my father."

I smile slightly "So are you a nerd for mathematics and science too?"

She rolls her eyes "I make all A's if that's what you're implying. Plus I'm more of a creative type in the family than the brains."

I laugh "So you make all A's but you're not the brains in the family? I would love to see the brains in the family."

She started glaring a little "My father is the brains. So you may see him when you go to science class since he volunteered to be the science teacher."

My eyes widen at that comment "Really?"

She nodded and turned around to pay attention to the class. I can't believe one of the smartest scientists is here. Most likely because Nova is. I heard he is very overprotective of her after some incident happened. They only said something happened. Some reason they didn't want the story to get out to people like 'us'. So I only ignored of the incident and went on with my life. I looked at her hair and realized how long it was. Her dark brown hair was to her hips. Has she ever had a haircut? The history had a little pop quiz of what we learned last week. Mr. James tried not giving Nova the quiz but she insisted. I can already tell she's going to be labeled as a nerd here and gonna get bullied for it. She acts like a nerd and looks like one with her style. She has a white beanie hat, black jeans, black and white flannel, black boots, and thick rimmed glasses. Actually she doesn't really look like a nerd that much.. Just her personality kinda makes her look like it too. Amazingly she finished the quiz first. Mr. James told her she could go since they were going to do nothing else after this. She nodded and in her exact words 'bid him a good day.' She even talks like she's in a different generation. I was the 5th person to finish and I walked out of class. Nova was at her locker getting all her books. A person accidentally pushed her and all the books fell. I walked towards her and started helping her with the books. She smiled and put all her books in her messenger bag.

She looks at me "Thank you Shawn."

I nod "No problem Nova." I look at her eyes.

She waved her hand in my face and I jumped a little. She says "You were just staring at me for three minutes and twenty-four seconds."

I raised an eyebrow "You were counting?"

She shook her head "Just an estimation."

I sighed "No one just estimates three minutes and twenty-four seconds like that.."

She rolled her eyes "Well I did. So I guess I'm no one."

I smiled a little from her sarcasm "Oh. Look at what we have. A smart aleck is here."

She laughs a little "Yup. Keep giving me stupid comments and I will have a smart aleck comment. It's just that way of life."

I make an offended look "Wha~ Me? Making stupid comments? How could I.."