The Incident..

The Man's POV

I was walking home from a party of my friend's. I put my hand through my dirty-blonde hair and sigh. It's a cold night. I wish I wore warmer clothing than this. I heard a car getting louder and louder. The lights seemed to be right on me also. I turned around to see a car racing towards me. I was about to run but a girl appeared by me. Then it seemed we teleported away from the car. We were on the other side of the road. She looked at me with her midnight blue glowing eyes. I couldn't see anything else except for some dark brown hair coming out of her hoodie and her eyes.

She whispers "Be careful next time. You might feel dizzy from what just happened."

I gulp "T-Thank you.. For saving me."

She was starting to walk away but stops. She looks at me "No problem.." She went back to walking away afterwards.

She put her glowing hands away in her pockets as she went through the woods. My eyes were still wide from what happened. The driver got out of his car and started apologizing. The police were notified because I heard sirens. I wonder if that girl notified the police and she left because of that. I don't know.. This is all too strange for me. A mysterious girl pops out of nowhere and saves me. By using teleportation..? A police officer came over to me and asked me what happened.

I answered "A girl saved me.. From that driver. He was about to run me over but this girl came out of nowhere and saved me."

The police officer looked at me suspiciously "What's your name and how close was the truck to you when she saved you?"

"I could reach out and touch the truck if I wanted to.. Also my name is Shawn Gilbert."

The police officer stopped writing on his notepad "You're joking.. Right? How could a girl save you when you were that close to the truck?"

I looked up at him "I don't know.. It seemed like she teleported or something." I pointed to the cameras and added "There's proof right there if you want it. I'm not drunk or crazy. Just watch the videos from those cameras and you will see it."

The police officer sighed and went over to the other police officers and told them everything by the looks of it. They dismissed me and I started walking back to my house. I don't think I've ever been that close to death in my life. But that girl.. She saved me. I don't think I will ever forget those eyes that showed fear of what she just did. But also looked like pride or happiness for saving someone. I got to my house shortly and I didn't bother to tell my parents what happened. I went to bed with the girl's eyes as my last thought.

...

I wake up and groan. It's Monday and I gotta go to school. I take a shower and put on a red t-shirt, blue jeans, and white tennis shoes. I eat cereal quickly then I brush my teeth afterwards. I grab my backpack and I tell my parents goodbye as I go outside to my car and get in. I start the car and drive to school. I have to drive pass that same spot that incident happened. Where I almost died. Where I was saved by this girl.. Who had powers. After all my thinking, I finally get to the school's parking lot and I park my car. I got my history book and my mathematics book. I put them in my backpack and I walked into my history class which is my homeroom. Best way to start the day. Trying to resist the urge to fall asleep while we learn about people in the past. I sat in my usual seat which is the 2nd row (to the right) in the last seat of the row. The teacher, Mr. James got our attention. He looks at us with a young girl standing by him. She looks a little young to be a senior. Maybe she's advanced?