Chapter 11 - Daddy's Little Girl, Part II

Author's Note: Part II is heree. A chapter of revelations and realizations 👀 Also, please do note that since it is coming from another person's POV, there might be a lot of things that they don't notice or construe differently. Same goes for Ye-jin and Hyun Bin's POVs. Although, appa Son might not be too far off with some of his observations 😬 Anyway, this is all leading to several huge chapters in terms of plot development, so please be more patient with me haha.

As always, comments and feedbacks are very much appreciated. While I can't reply fast to the comments, I always read them and actually gives me ideas of what you guys want to see, so thank you for all the comments!! I hope you enjoy reading this chapter and have a happy weekend 🥰

Son Jae-il's POV

He saw Hyun Bin lightly touch Ye-jin's arm before saying, "Sir, Ye-jin and I are dating."

He was silent for a while after that. He had an inkling the moment he saw Hyun Bin that this was what they were going to say, but he hoped anyway – hoped that maybe his daughter was not crazy enough to do that.

But apparently, she was.

He does not know how to feel about Ye-jin being with the man who caused her so much pain she wasn't even able to function properly for months.

"And what do you want me to do with that information?"

"Sir, I know it will take a while, maybe even forever, for me to prove that I'm not going to hurt Ye-jin again and that my intentions in approaching her are sincere, but please give us time to prove to you that we're going to be just fine."

He can sense the nervousness in Hyun Bin's voice when he said that. However, he could not help but raise his brows at Hyun Bin's choice of words. He was missing something. He just could not pinpoint it right now, but he was sure he was missing out on an important detail.

He stared at Hyun Bin trying to figure out what it is, but Ye-jin who is never one for silence, interjected, "Appa, the food is getting cold!"

"Did I stop you from eating?" He asked Ye-jin in a much lighter tone, deciding to find out whatever Hyun Bin was not saying some other time. He'd find out soon enough whatever it is.

"No, but you're being scary, and it would be weird if I just started eating all of a sudden, wouldn't it?" He could not help but shake his head at that. He loved his daughter but sometimes she just really makes him want to smack her head.

"Go eat," he groused, "but stay quiet."

"What? Why?" Ye-jin asked with offense.

"Hyun Bin will be telling me about what he has been doing for the past three years since he hurt you."

He saw the both of them wince at his choice of words.

Ye-jin immediately protested but was stopped by Hyun Bin, "It's fine, go eat your food, we can hear your stomach grumbling."

Ye-jin narrowed his eyes at what Hyun Bin said but proceeded to eat.

Hyun Bin began telling him about what he has been doing with his company, which specializes in the creation of auto parts, and supplies it to many of the South Korean, as well as international, carmakers. He was not surprised at how well the business was doing, as he would hear of it from time to time from his acquaintances.

Hyun Bin had also told him about recent hobbies he has developed, such as running and golf, which surprised him. The kid never liked running outside before, which he always found odd. He also never liked golfing, despite him and Il-sung (Hyun Bin's dad) telling him how important it is for business.