Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time

Start from the beginning

Brigitte: "Is there anything else we could do to this "Z Drive"?" She asks curiously. 

Y/N: "To my knowledge, as of right now, no, but its mere existence proves something is always capable... right?" You respond. You and her finally reach your room after a bit more talking.

Brigitte: "Its been good seeing you after all this time Y/N, I never really noticed how much I missed spending time with you until you were gone" She says blushing. 

Y/N: "I've really missed you Brigitte and ever since I lost my parents I've felt like I've been lost in time, than-" As she cuts you off with another hug, but this one felt different and then a peck on the cheek.

Brigitte: "There, now we are even" Continuing to talk as her face goes more and more red.

Y/N: "If you wanna give tinkering with this thing a shot, swing by mine sometime tomorrow". 

Brigitte: "I'd love that" she says walking towards her door, "WAIT! I LEFT MY STUFF ON THE LANDING PAD!" she yells sprinting down the hall past Lena who had just turned the corner.

Tracer: "Soo what did you two get up to?" She says almost interrogating for answers. 

Y/N: "Not much to be honest, just another walk around the base..." you say trying to hide something but she doesn't buy it. 

Tracer: "Aw come on, y'know you cant hide things from me Y/N!" she says almost as if she knew

Y/N: "What gave it awa-" as Lena cuts you off.

Tracer: "SO SOMETHING DID HAPPEN!" she says loudly as you continue to blush from earlier. "Spit it out already" Lena almost demanding you speak up.

Y/N: "You'll have to ask Brigitte for the details" you say slamming your door shut before the brit can embarrass you any longer. 

Finally getting a break you collapse onto your bed staring at the ceiling thinking about a lot of things, Brigitte, what else the Z Drive is capable of, whether or not you can carry out your fathers legacy. All these thoughts cloud your mind as you drift off to sleep under a duvet with the sound of rain starting to come down and the distant flashes off lighting out at sea.

The Next Day...

You arise from your slumber after hearing banging at your door for the past minute occasionally followed by some shouting saying.

???: "Hello Y/N are you awake yet?!", you roll out of bed to answer the door but as you press the button to open it Brigitte stumbles through it knocking you to the floor and them falling on top of you while dropping tools on the ground. You then both look at each other slowly becoming flustered as she gets up and immediately apologizes. 

Y/N: "Its okay, my mistake for being so clumsy" you say to avoid the spot of awkwardness.

Brigitte: "And its my mistake for being here so early" she giggles. 

You signal her to sit down at the workbench as you get changed into your work gear, hearing her mess around with your transformable shield.

Y/N: "You like it?" you say leaning in the doorway to your bedroom. 

Brigitte: "It kind of resembles my shield... but the designing is a lot bulkier" she says twirling it around in her hands.

Y/N: "And that my curious friend is because it can do this" you say inputting s few commands and dropping it to the floor for it to suddenly start floating.

Brigitte: "Look at you Y/N!, you're quite the tinkerer aren't you!" she says impressed by your ingenuity. 

Y/N: "Thanks, I took a lot of inspiration from the schematics to your prototype shield actually" you say acknowledging her compliment "Then I kind of developed it to have a form of mobility for when we aren't fighting something or someone" you go on to explain. After a few minutes of attempting to teach Brigitte on how to ride it, she gives up and you change it back to a shield to lean it on a wall, giving her a hand up you hand her the Z Drive "I believe you'll find your way around this thing a lot easier" you say jokingly, its a temporal device capable of reversing the flow of time for a single individual, what could possibly go wrong?

Brigitte gets to work with every tool she can use on this thing to tinker with its properties, while she's doing this you cook up some food and sit down at the kitchen counter to eat breakfast, "Yo Brigitte, you want something?" you say reaching into your fridge. 

Brigitte: "You got anything for a latte?" she says concentrating on the Z Drive in her hand, you pull some milk out of the fridge and get to work on making a hazelnut latte for her, after a few minutes your creation is complete and you immediately pass it over to her. 

Y/N: "One hazelnut latte for milady" you say impressed with your skills.

Brigitte: "Thank you, my knight in not so shining armor" she giggles as she responds "How'd you know I like hazelnut?" she questions taking a sip from her cup. 

Y/N: "You don't wanna know how much Lena can let slip about others" you say peaking her interest. 

Brigitte: "Lena told you?" she says embarrassed going back to tweaking the device.

Y/N: "No, I had a feeling hazelnut was your favorite because its also my favorite" you reply as you look over at her to see a slight blush on her cheek, after 30 minutes of discussion and relaxing something had happened, not for a second, not even for a millisecond but just for a brief glimpse Brigitte had made a development in her tweaking of the Z Drive.

Brigitte: "Y/N did you say this thing could only effect the person using it?" she says ever so curiously.

Y/N: "Yeah, it should do at least, what's the matter?" you ask in response to her sudden question. 

Brigitte: "Well you see, I think I've discovered a way to project this onto something else, but truth is I don't know how to do it" she concludes her judgment with while talking under her breath. Walking over you notice Brigitte had zoned out over a stream of water trickling from the gutter.

Y/N: "So what's the issue?" you ask putting your hand on her shoulder. 

Brigitte: "Watch this" she says pressing the button on the top of the pocket watch and pointing at the trickling water, as the flow of it started to reverse within a matter of seconds, counting up to 12 seconds of it flowing back in time. 

Y/N: "Brigitte! How did you do that?" You yell out of joy. 

Brigitte: "I don't know, that's what I meant earlier" she says questioning her own methods, you then put both hands on both of Brigitte's shoulders causing her to sit up straight. 

Y/N: "Take a break, you are more than deserving of it" you say giving her an optimistic smile, she then smiles back causing your heart to melt with happiness. Brigitte gets up from her stool for the first time in a literal hour of sitting to end up wrapped in your arms, "I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for you and your tinkering skills" you say, looking down you see Brigitte slowly turn red.

Brigitte: "Th-thank you, I don't know what id do if it weren't for you either" she says nervously and panic like, you let her go trying not to make her stress out as she yells out in a panic "Well it was good to help you out Y/N! I'm gonna go get some sleep, have a good night Y/N!" She runs out the door and straight past Lena who caught a glimpse of her panicking  as she turns to you with a sly grin on her face.

Y/N: "Lena! Not. A. Word." you say to stop any thoughts crossing the brits mind, closing the door she still smirks and waves you goodbye. Time passes and its now 2 am, thoughts echo in your mind as you sit at the workbench, you've been so busy ever since agents and friends alike have been returning to active duty since the recall, talking to both Genji and Cole despite not having met them before and yet still connecting on a respectful level gave you the opportunity to open up to new experiences. Then remembering Genji invited you to tag along on his trip to Japan, "Maybe that's what I need to clear my head" you think silently to yourself as you drift off to sleep slouching over on the workbench.

3 Chapters done and dusted, writing out a storyline is a lot of work but I've had so much fun creating this whole world around the overwatch universe and its heroes, my first time typing this much in multiple sittings too. Next chapter is gonna be set up by an interesting character and finally getting to the point of moving out of the setting of Gibraltar, as usual, love to all of those reading this message and hope you have or had a good day. Be sure to tell someone you love em and stay safe out there y'all <3