The Day

"Today is the day. Marked today, I'll be creating a history in my lifetime for myself. I can do this" Sarah is giving herself encouraging words in front of the mirror. A knocking on the door could be heard several times. "Come in" replied Sarah while fixing her hair. A maid comes in with a tray in her hand to give her employer her daily beverage. The maid's eyes brighten up as she sees Sarah's wavy brown hair in a loose braided bun with a rose gold flower hair pin pricked in the braids. The beige satin evening gown she's wearing uplifting her features even more, making her hundreds times much more attractive than usual. Whoever laid eyes on her surely will forget how to breathe. The good genetics in the Murklins family definitely got passed down to her. "Oh dear. Lady Sarah, pardon me but you look stunning!" compliments the maid in awe. "Julliana, you flattered me. It's all thanks to you for helping me to get ready. You did such a great job with the dress. I might as well fall in love with myself. I mean, look at me." Sarah teasingly says while making a mini twirl to show her dress. Julliana puts the tray on a table beside her and comes forward to Sarah, leading her in front of the mirror by holding her arms gently. In the mirror, Sarah could see a pulchritudinous girl standing right in front of her. It's hard to believe that she could look this breathtaking with just some touch up from Julliana. "You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen, Lady Sarah. Ever since you were born, I knew what a sweetheart you would become and I was right" says Julliana, smiling while an overwhelming feeling takes up her body. Who wouldn't? Julliana has been Sarah's personal maid ever since she was little. Her first word, her first step, her first achievement was witnessed by Julliana, or what little Sarah would call her, Jiji. Now she has grown into a young lady who is not only beautiful, but also a sagacious person who'll surely do good to people who dwell in the kingdom.

"Oh, is that my ice chocolate?" Sarah points to the tray sitting on the table. "Ah yes, I almost forgot the reason I'm here" Julliana scuttled to the table and back to give the drink to Sarah. Sarah carefully takes the drink from Julliana's hand. "Thank you. You don't really have to do that. I can take it by myself, you know? I'm not the little Sarah who would spill her drink when trying to reach it or when she's holding it without a good grip" Sarah chuckled before sipping her drink. "It is my job, my lady. I'll take my leave for now. Enjoy your evening. Oh, and please make sure to be ready in 30 minutes. The ball is about to start" says Julliana with a smile painted on her face, forming a red blush of apple cheeks. She then closes the doors and walks away.

Sigh. It's the only sound she produced since this morning. She would miss a lot of things, especially her best friend and Jiji. They're the only ones who really get her and know the real her. She never has to put on a mask and pretend to be the sophisticated, flawless, perfect little girl of her parents. That was probably the last time she will see Jiji ever again before launching her escape plan. Jiji doesn't even know about it because she doesn't have the heart to tell her. Not to add that Jiji might inform her parents about it. No, it's too risky. A whole week preparing for this day shall not be ruined.. Even though that means to break Jiji's heart. Sarah glances over a frame on the side table beside her bed. The carved maple wood painted with rose gold color contains a picture of her when she was little while Jiji babysitting her. Slowly makes her away towards it, she picks up the frame and immediately hugs it. "I'm sorry Jiji...Please take good care of father and mother for me". Puddles of water start to form in her eyes but she wipes it right away carefully to not ruin her makeup that Jiji spent over an hour of hard work on.

Clock is ticking and time is running out, Sarah takes out the picture from the frame and puts it into her bag that she hides under her dress. Thankfully the picture size is not that big and it fits perfectly into the small bag. Obviously, you can't wear a bag to a ball. That's just ridiculous so she sewed a bag for this special occasion. Sarah wasn't the best with needles and threads so there are some minor wounds along the way but it definitely worth it as she gains new experiences. Besides the picture, she also brings along money, important documents, some snacks and drinks and not to forget, the book she found in the attic. At least it'll remind her of her roots when she's away.