Lune Rose

"God won't change someone's fate as long as they're willing to change it themselves". Sarah read the last line of the book she's reading that is an eye opening for her. The writer is right, her whole life thinking that she would be stuck in this life that she didn't choose to live can simply change if she takes action. She could but she never did because she's been telling herself that she couldn't do it. Seeing a new light of hope, she instantly jumps off her bed and goes to her study desk and writes out something. She's writing out a plan to escape somewhere far from this place, somewhere she could finally achieve freedom she's been yearning for her entire 22 years of living. As thrilling as it might sound, to actually do it is harder than what a mind could think. We're talking about the Chavatillon Mansion, with an insane amount of tight security, all the guards need to pass a special training to be able to work here. Escaping herself from this huge building is not a piece of cake. So how could she do it? Walking back and forth for a while, until she realizes something. The La Grande Lune Rose celebration will take place next week.

In the Celeste Kingdom, every 100 years, the full moon will turn into a bright and pretty rosy pink colour. That's how it got its name. Folks say that about five thousand years ago, there lived a sweet little girl who had been trying to find love for her entire life, but never did. Until one day under the moonlight of a full moon, she wished "Dear the light on a starry sky, if you can hear mine heart wrenching for a person to spend my life with, please grant my one and only wish". Just after she finished her words, a tear dropped from her cheek to the ground. Suddenly the moon illuminated a pink light and formed a beautiful halo around it, as if the moon could hear the poor little girl's wish.

How far the truth of the story is something that shall stay unknown, but after years and several generations have passed, the La Grande Lune Rose is a legit thing and the tradition to have a big festive ball gown event has been happening for a long time in the kingdom. It's the biggest event of the century. Every young adult, widows or even the elders who still have not given up to find their life partner will go to the event and try to get to know someone they find interesting. To make it even better, it's a masquerade theme so everyone will be wearing a mask. Usually, the mask will be matching with the outfit they're wearing. It's a perfect opportunity for Sarah to escape since this time for the La Grande Lune Rose event, her family is responsible for holding it.

Sarah has exactly 7 days to prepare herself for her big escape. The ball will be held in the family's grand ballroom which is quite far from her bedroom. This will give her time to make sure no one could see her. She calls it the "Operation S'échapper". Day-1 of the planning, Sarah learns the schedule of the event by stealing them from one of the butlers who's in charge. It's not very hard for her to do so when Mr. Louis always dozed off for half an hour in the afternoon, which makes it easier to sneak into his room and find the time-table of the event. "Even the guest list? I'm literally hitting a jackpot" said Sarah to herself, excitedly gaining much more information.

As she's about to make her way out of the room, a black shadow passes by in the corner of her eyes. Surprised by it, Sarah turns away to look at what it is. "Hello?". No response. Without thinking much, Sarah goes on with her day and tries to brush it off from her mind. It doesn't matter, she'll be out of here anyways. Whatever type of ghost that might be haunting this house isn't her biggest concern right now. That'll add more reason for her to run away instead.

On Day-2 of the operation, she studies the house plan properly to ensure her flawless and swift escape. Having a gigantic mansion and only spending almost her entire day in her bedroom, isn't a surprising fact if she's not familiar with the directions of her own home. Every time a new worker is hired, it is a norm for them to get lost and it will take a whole entire day to find them. That's just how big her house is. The house has three floors, each of the floors have at least 30 different kinds of rooms. Bedrooms, bathroom, green house, kitchen, ball room, library, all kinds of facilities are available here. A floor alone has about 50 workers to keep the house tidy and dust free.

To get more familiar with the directions, she decides to explore the house and go to places she rarely went to. After walking for quite some time, she found an old wooden staircase leading to somewhere upstairs. There's no source of light whether from a window or a lamp and looks pretty eerie. Weird, this house only has 3 floors. What could possibly be up there? Why did she never know the existence of it? Her curiosity is killing her inside and her impulsive thoughts are telling her to give it a chance and to go upstairs wherever that stairs gonna lead her to. She slowly put her right foot on the first step. She could feel the electricity of shivers hitting her bones. Without noticing, someone is actually near her and the sound of the footsteps is getting closer with every step the person takes. The survival instinct of her instantly kicks in and makes her go upstairs despite being scared and doubting the route she chose to hide herself from someone that could possibly see her.