scaramouche; ligaya (4)

you spent all night thinking about what he told you.

he likes you. does he really, though? or was it all a farce, just to take advantage of your feelings so he could make a fool out of you again?

but his words were confirmed once monday arrived. scaramouche was nowhere to be seen around your place; usually, the two of you went to school together during mondays, since he doesn't have council work.

you went to school, mind wandering. you didn't tell anyone about what he said, to save his pride.

as you got to the corner of the street of your school, you noticed that you arrived pretty early. not many students were around.

guess who also decided to come to school early?

you saw scaramouche standing by the computer shop, USB in hand. he looked very neat and pretty in his black student council polo; the morning sunshine was glowing against his hair and skin, the way he stood looked so laid-back yet attractive, and his resting bitch face looking undeniably ethreal.

you stood in place, staring at him in awe. this guy liked you? for real?

you were contemplating whether you should approach him or not, but he spotted you before you could sneak up on him. feet planted on the ground, you stared back at his surprised and bewildered purple eyes.

scaramouche immediately looked away, turning his back on you. he would've ran away, but the computer shop guy was taking ages to finish the xerox all of the copies he needed. he tried to pretend that he was invisible, but you already saw him- no one could deny that.

so, upon instinct, you approached him. you tried to muster up the courage to confront him. you thought he was laughing at you when he turned his back on you, but you were wrong.

"hoy," you said softly yet indignantly, pulling on his shoulder as you turned him around. scaramouche flinched upon feeling your hand grab his shoulder.

he looked at you with a flustered glare, face red.

"ano?" he responded coolly, but his face was saying otherwise. he looked really, really embarrassed.

"anong ano?" you respond, starting to get embarrassed as well. "nababaliw ka na ba?"

scaramouche ignored you as he took the now finished printed xerox copies, handing the guy some coins. he proceeds to stomp towards the school gates, still not talking to you.

again, you grab his wrist. you couldn't let him get away this easily.

"puta naman, umagang umaga oh." he complains, aggressively scratching his head in frustration. he did stop walking, though.

"edi anong gusto mo?" you retort, about to say a whole rant about him blocking you. but then he interrupts you.

"ikaw nga, diba? paulit-ulit?" he answers, face redder than a tomato even though he was trying to keep his cool.

you stood there, mouth agape for a few moments.

then you try to hide your smile, covering your face with your handkerchief as you looked away from his eyes. this seemed to calm him down, seeing a reaction from you. but he got mad instead.

"anong tinatawa tawa mo jan?"

"...hindi, hindi." you respond, trying not to smile too wide. "ang cute mo kasi umamin. ikaw pa galit,"

"...kingina mo. may meeting pa 'ko," scaramouche sighs out, pouting. he walks out and leaves you smiling alone by the sidewalk, now approaching the school.

---

scara

scara