CHAPTER FIVE: MEETING MY MATE

My wolf was on edge as we made our way down to the Shadow Howl Pack. I had a feeling that this event would be different from the rest. Torak, my loyal beta, had reminded me to control my wolf, but it wasn't easy. He always tries to break through, especially in moments like these when we are surrounded by other wolves.

When we arrived, Alpha Jack greeted us, extending his hand in a sign of respect. I moved past him, not interested in making physical contact with others. As an Alpha, I came from a long line of pure-blooded leaders, and most wolves submitted to me without question.

The pack members bowed their heads in submission as we passed by, but my focus was on the ceremony and finding my mate. The thought of having someone by my side, someone who would understand me and accept me for who I am, was enough to make my wolf purr.

As Torak showed me to my room, I instructed him to make sure the Alpha's security was adequate for the event. The last thing we needed was any rogue wolves causing problems. I quickly dressed in my all-black Armani suit and made my way down to the ceremony.

Alpha Jack had invoked the blood moon's spirit, and the scent of sweet vanilla and strawberry filled the air as the wolves let their wolves take over. Klaus quickly took command and began searching for our mate.

And then I saw her. She was beautiful, with eyes that shone like the moon and a smile that could light up the darkest night. My wolf was in awe, and I could feel him urging me to claim her as mine.

As I approached her, I could sense her nervousness and shyness. I wrapped my arms around her waist and breathed in her sweet scent, feeling a sense of calm wash over me. I could see the admiration in her eyes, and I raised her head to face me.

"Beautiful, you are really beautiful, my mate," I said, feeling a sense of pride that she was mine.

"What is your name?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"My name is Alpha Theo, and I am your mate," I replied, watching as her eyes widened in shock and her heart rate increased.

But before I could gain her consent, my wolf took over, and I marked her on the neck without thinking. She passed out in my arms, and I could feel the crowd's murmuring and gasps filling my ears. I didn't care about them, though. All I cared about was my mate.

I rushed her to my room, laying her down on the bed and waiting for her to wake up. As I touched her cheeks and admired her beauty, I knew that the goddess Selene had given me my heart's desire. When she finally woke up, I cuddled her close, forgetting about the rest of the world. Finally, I had found my mate, and nothing else mattered.