prologue

UNSTEADY ╱ TK STRAND꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . . © -wonderhaze
𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 ━━━━━━━ ❛ 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟭𝟮𝟲 ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟭𝟮𝟲. The famous fire station located in Austin Texas. After a fire broke out at a fertilizer company, the firehouse responded quickly. It has been a four-alarm fire and was moving quickly, too quickly. The firefighters quickly started shooting water at the fire, but it was still building and growing. They tried applying more pressure but there was nothing they could do. The factory was filled with ammonium nitrate fertilizer, which was highly toxic and explosive. Within seconds, just as one of the firefighters got back to the captain, the building suffered another explosion, shocking the factory and killing everyone but one. Judd Ryder was the only survivor of the original 126 firehouse. The firefighter soon went into a depressive episode, but that came to an end 6 months later when Owen strand was called to Texas to rebuild the 126 firehouse, just like he did his firehouse in Manhattan after the events of 9/11. Bringing along his son and his sons best friend and ex boyfriend.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's Elijah Reed, one of the most selfless and bravest people I know,

I've known Eli since he was a baby, mostly because his dad was my best friend and we worked at the same firehouse. He was my sons best friend from day one and I'll always be grateful for that. When 9/11 happened, my wife at the time was taking the boys to school while I was with Danny at work. That day changed my life forever. I lost danny and Eli lost his father. With danny being a single parent after the death of his wife two years prior, Eli was left with no one. He ended up going to live with his aunt for a few years, up until his 13th birthday. The two got in a car accident and his aunt didn't make it out. From that moment on, Eli had lived with me. There wasn't a problem with it at first, but after Eli started dating my son, the house got a bit tense. I was uncomfortable at first because I wasn't used to the two being romantically linked but I grew to be fine and comfortable with it. I'm happy that Tk has someone like Eli with him, someone that would do anything to protect them and keep them safe. After the two broke up, Eli moved out and I haven't spoken to him since. Although, I knew if I asked him to come with tk and I to Austin, he would follow.

- 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's Estelle Sanders, one of the nicest assholes I've ever met,

When I first hired Estelle to be apart of my rig in Manhattan, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Estelle, or stella, was a bomb waiting to go off. She had built up anger inside her that was waiting to explode and the minute she did, I knew no one would be okay. Her shouting alone scared everyone in the house so if she were to ever get violent, I knew something would happen. Although, she is actually a nice and caring girl deep down. I can tell from just looking at her when she is in action, helping those around her. She gets scared if one of our own gets hurt, which shows that she is actually caring and not heartless like she tries to act. A lot of people say she is both evil and good, the perfect mixture of both. I wouldn't say she was evil, but she definitely does have anger that can make it look like she is plotting someone's death every second of every day. But that's just what I see whenever I see her looking at me. Stella is a great firefighter though and I'm grateful for her. I definitely need her on my rig in Austin when I move down there.

- 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's Lucas Gibson, one of the strongest firefighters of our new station,

I haven't known Lucas that long, seeing as I only flew out to Seattle a few times to see if he would fit our station in Austin. Although, he was the perfect fit. Lucas was one of the strongest firefighters I've ever met. He was great in action and leading, which was helpful in deciding who would take over the house when I retire. I did notice that he panicked easily in tight spaces and ran away from his problems a lot. I wouldn't confront him about it until later on, but it was on my mind constantly. It was concerning knowing that he could and more than likely would end up putting my people in danger at one point if we didn't fix that. I would understand if it was from a traumatic event, but if it wasn't and he was just freaking out then we would have a bigger issue. That aside though, like I said, he is a great firefighter and I would be honored to have him on my rig in Austin. It just depended on if he was okay leaving Seattle, his home for the last few years.

- 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's Amari Greywinder, the one person I know that would never turn her back on someone,

Amari was the first person I really met in Austin when I first visited. She was on a shift and was actually stopping for her lunch break, which led to us bumping into each other. I apologized before I saw her name tag and badge, which actually led to me getting her lunch and the two of us talking about Austin and the multiple opportunities it had. I told her about the firehouse and she said she would try and stop by sometime to see how it was going. I think she's a very capable police officer and I can't wait to see her work when I move down to Austin officially. She'll be working alongside Eli and I just hope the two get along and it works out because they both seem like they need someone else to protect. The two are very selfless and I couldn't see them turning their backs on the community or anyone else. They'll definitely become the duo of Austin pd and maybe even a trio with local hero Carlos Reyes.

- 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"That's Travis watts, one of the most hardworking and dedicated people I know,

I really don't much about Travis other than the fact that he's a great paramedic and really dedicated toward the job. People have said multiple things to me about how much work he puts into everything he does and it truly makes me happy to see how dedicated he is to Austin and helping the people in the community after everything that's happened. I think he would fit in perfectly with our firehouse but I also think that about a lot of other people as well. I do think that the 126 is home for Travis and I just hope he feels the same.

- 𝗢𝘄𝗲𝗻 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━ liv speaks !

this is absolute trash but we'll ignore that

Make sure to vote and comment! I love hearing from you guys and getting feedback.

Much love, liv !!

━━━━━━━━━━ unsteady,
© -wonderhaze, 2023

━━━━━━━━━━ unsteady,© -wonderhaze, 2023

word count: 1217. written: 5.7.23. published: 5.7.23