15.Beskar'ad (Droid)

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Double or nothing she chokes." Ketch bets, toasting his drink with Bolo.

Malaina's blood boiled. "Another comment from you and you'll be the one choking." She threatened, already flexing her hand to prepare to go through her murderous intentions.

Hunter gave Malaina a disappointed look, shaking his head while his lips thinned into a tight line. Surprisingly, she found herself backing off.

Omega released the bolt and it bounced off the ceiling, hitting a holotable and severely damaging it. Her shoulders slouched and she sighed defeatedly. Bolo and Ketch start cackling. "I was doing better until those two showed up!" She raged.

Echo crouched down again, looking her in the eyes. "You have to learn to tune out distractions, which comes with practice." He replied, standing to his full height. "Again." He ordered, crossing his arm over his scomp.

Omega drew her bow and shot again, hitting the wall space above the door, nowhere near the target. That was the worst one yet.

Wrecker leaned closer to Hunter. "Not exactly a natural, is she?" He whispered. Hunter nodded, mouth threatening to rise into a smirk.

Malaina raised her eyebrows at them. "You're not seriously expecting a kid to just pick up on shooting a deadly weapon after one lousy lesson, are you?"

"Well, we kinda did." Hunter shrugged innocently.

"Bettin' you picked up on killing real easy." Wrecker responded. Malaina glared at him and he backed down.

But yes, yes she did.

Ketch kept laughing for an obnoxious period of time. Malaina was fed up and she raised a hand behind her back, taking one of the many empty glasses of beer that sat on the table behind the Weequay, guiding it to his head and smashing it onto him.

That had both him and Bolo fleeing from the bar in fear of a ghost.

Tech turned to look at Malaina, the only one who could have done that. "Are you satisfied?" He asked, not an ounce of negative emotion in his tone. He actually sounded kind of impressed.

Malaina shrugged. "For the moment." She nodded. "Can't say I won't do it again if they return though." She admitted, which made the spectacled clone smirk.

Cid appeared out of nowhere, punching Wrecker roughly. "Okay. Playtime's over. We need to talk." She declared, pushing Wrecker's feet off of the holotable. "I'm assuming you boys know what a tactical droid is?"

The squad gathered around the holotable to listen in on the Trandoshan informant's words.

"They were the opera-"

Tech pushed Echo out of the way, standing between him and Malaina while raising a finger. "The operational brains of the Seperatist military-"

"Babababa, this is my briefing, Goggles." Cid interrupts.

"Welcome to the nickname club, Goggles." Malaina muttered with a smirk. Tech looked at her, eyes flickering across her face wordlessly.

"Oh look, Riding Hood has a face." Cid mocks, rolling her eyes before continuing the briefing. She displayed an image of the original conversation topic. "Tactical droid intel has tremendous value, which is why you're gonna break into this decommissioning facility on Corellia and retrieve one before they're all destroyed."

Hunter looked at his squad for a few seconds before facing Cid. "We haven't decided if we're gonna work for you or not."

Cid fought the urge to roll her eyes again. "Allow me to decide for you. You're in!" She retorted, making Hunter flinch back and squint at her. "I'm talking a mutually beneficial arrangement. You make money, I make money, and I watch your back."