chapter 7

Third Person's POV

The day was way too tiring for Taehyung.
He woke up around six in the morning as he had to complete the interview within two hours, he drove there by himself, since he didn't want to disturb Jimin, who works as hard as him.

Taehyung finished the interview within two hours and then headed to his shoot where Jimin was already waiting for him. Then after that he had few other shoots and interviews and that's how he returned home at 3:07 in the morning.
He was too tired to even make something for him, and he hardly had any leftover so Jimin said he'll just go and buy something light so they can atleast have a light meal and head to bed.
Taehyung's schedule is from 10 am tomorrow so atleast they'll get few hours of sleep.

It's always been like this for Taehyung. Some days it's shoots and interviews and some days it's some other work and Taehyung enjoys both but sometimes he just doesn't have enough energy to deal with everything, some days he feel like just sleeping through the whole day.

Jimin just drove past the drive through of McDonald's, that's the most nearest to their penthouse.
Jimin's phone kept going off, so he just parked his car near an isolated spot and checked, thinking it must be something related to Taehyung's tomorrow's schedule.
But to his surprise it was an unknown number, again. This was his personal number, which he doubt anyone else could easily get access to, but well obsessed fans of Taehyung are capable of everything.

Jimin decided to go with text just to confirm who the person is before calling them.

Unknown Number

Is Taehyung free tomorrow?

Excuse me?
Who's this ?

It's me

Am I suppose to know you?
If you're some obsessed fan then you're wasting your time here.

It's Min Yoongi.

Jimin stilled for a moment, thinking it's some kind of sick joke, he has not heard of this person since years and now suddenly someone texts him claiming to be Min Yoongi.

He was deep in his thoughts when his phone buzzed again.

Unknown Number

And it's real Min Yoongi
Not stalker or a fan
So? Is Taehyung free tomorrow?
Jungkook asked me to ask this to you since he's busy with some work and can't text Taehyung himself.

Have you gone nuts?

As soon as the message was read Jimin recieved a call from the same unknown number. He didn't want to pick it up, he was even dreaded to hear what Min Yoongi had to say. He had no other option though. Either he gets to know the matter from this person or he gets to know it from Taehyung - which he doubts will tell him the truth.
So after contemplating a lot he picked it up half way through the fifth ring.

"Is Mr. Kim Taehyung free tomorrow?" Min Yoongi asked.
Jimin stiffened in his seat, the food in the paper bag now long forgotten.
Jimin let out a shaky breathe before gaining the courage to talk.

"Even if he is, I won't tell you. Moreover, where the heck is Jeon Jungkook is coming from? Why does it concern you or him if Taehyung is free tomorrow or not?"
Jimin only knows how much strength it took him to reply without letting his voice waver.

"I thought you're Taehyung's best friend?" The question sounded like a mockery, forcing out a scoff from Jimin.

"I am!" Jimin exclaimed, a second away from hanging up untill he heard Yoongi's next words.

"And he didn't tell you that they're about to get married?" He heard the other chuckle.

Jimin took a few seconds before registering those words. Taehyung? Getting married with Jungkook? What bullshit are you spitting out right now?" Jimin was fuming by now. He was too tired for all these nonsense. Does the other even know the words he's spilling out?

"Is he free tomorrow or not, Jimin? I just want a clear yes or no." Yoongi sounded curt and Jimin couldn't help but scoff at that tone.

"And you think you'll get a clear answer? Even if he was free you won't know about that." With that Jimin hung up, not wanting to converse any further. He was already loosing his mind after hearing about the marriage and he was totally convinced this was some sick joke the other was playing, trying to ruin Taehyung's and his relationship.

Without thinking much he decided to ring Taehyung. He cannot wait untill he gets home, he needs answers right now. He needs to know that whatever the other person was saying is nothing but a lie, a sick lie.

"Can you explain why Min Yoongi is texting me, asking if you're free tomorrow or not? And from where Jeon Jungkook is coming in that conversation? He even said you two are suppose to get married? What kind of sick joke is this, Taehyung?" Jimin didn't waste a second before questioning Taehyung. He desperately needs to know that Min Yoongi only spewed lies.

"I-I can explain...." Taehyung sighed out, not ready to talk about this just yet but he knows he has no other option.

"Sure, go ahead." Jimin sounded harsh, understandably so.

"Can-can you come home atleast? It's four in the morning." Taehyung's tone was enough to let Jimin know that Yoongi's words held some kind of truth behind it, if not entirely so. It was enough for him to lash out.

"No, I have some work. Also, why would I go back to a place where you are there? You consider me as your best friend right? You sure about that? I don't think so. You're a fucking lier Kim Taehyung! WHY DO I NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHERE THE HELL IS THAT BASTARD COMING FROM! Oh....you said something huge is coming soon and....and you meant this? So freaking low of you." Jimin hung up with this. His anger was out of control now and he knew he needed to calm himself down but he needed answers as well.

Jimin was way too angry to talk to Taehyung and the way he reacted, he could easily say Taehyung was hurt, but he himself was in a shock to properly think about it. So he again calls the unknown number to know what actually is going on, atleast he won't lie.

"Were they dating behind my back? When did this started?" Jimin asked as soon as the person on the other end accepted the call.

"It's a contract marriage. Taehyung agreed on this to save Kim Namjoon from getting into a dirty mess. He kind of saved you as well, I'm sure you know how." Yoongi replied with a sigh, as if he was expecting the other to call back.

"And when did all these shits happen?" Jimin barked back, his grip around the steering wheel tightening.

"Yesterday. They met and discussed it. I don't know anything else other than this because my boss don't share every details with me. I just know he went somewhere to meet your friend and they talked about this." Yoongi explained, clearly indicating he can't say a word more than this.

"Fuck!" Jimin breathed out.

"Did you say something to him? Go, fucking apologize. Stop assuming shit on your own." Yoongi's voice was low but he sounded pissed for some reason as well.

"You're no one to speak." With that Jimin hung up. Taking a breathe of relief he started the engine, heading towards their shared penthouse.

Jimin regrets a lot of thing but he never once regretted choosing Taehyung over others, he never did. He knows Taehyung would understand why he reacted that way but it doesn't justify his actions.