'Forgive me for being so bleak, but I really don't need all this protection.'

Senator Padme Amidala was the perfect politician. As soon as Sol arrived at the penthouse in an elevator, Senator Amidala greeted her in luxurious clothes and a solid expression. She was the same height as Sol but was the complete opposite in almost every way. In a blue gown and her brown hair in a bun of gold holdings, the senator oozed the sense of previous royalty and power in the senate. Previously the Queen of Naboo, Padme was a respected representative for her people and advocated for the rights of the less fortunate. Her policies were never of ill intention, but Sol never dived into the world of politics enough to know what they were.

Padme thanked Sol for her presence despite the lack of need for it. Sol quickly learnt that Padme was polite and kind, which sat behind the thin sheet of expressionless faces she needed for politics. Whether it was seeing someone other than a senator, or Sol being a woman of similar age, Padme warmed to the Padawan almost immediately.

''I can assure you, Senator, that it is all necessary precaution,' Sol offered a smile. She didn't have a single thought of her own behind her words. But to keep her occupied, Sol said what she had to in order to convince the politician.

'Well, if it has been wished by Chancellor Palpatine, then I have no say,' Padme looked down, but turned up again to look at Sol. 'Take no offence to this, but I've never met a female Padawan before. It's a breath of fresh air, if you don't mind me saying.'

'Oh, yes, Senator, thank you. Maybe that's why I was sent as protection,' Sol ignored the fact that two male Jedi would be arriving shortly.

'Yes, perhaps,' Padme let out a small laugh and Sol smiled in return.

'The Jedi issa right, Senator Padme!' the Gungan, who Sol learnt was Jar Jar Binks, said from beside the two young women. 'Your life issa important! What issa morsa protection than morsa precaution?'

The penthouse was large with a living space that could be entered from the elevator through a lobby. When Sol stepped into it, she looked to the large windows that viewed the tops of the city. It was the highest Sol had ever been and the Jedi Temple sat in its triangular shape a few hundred metres away. The windows allowed the living space to be bathed in sunlight as long as the day had dawned, and the bedroom had blinds that could be closed to block out noises of traffic from the city.

Three other people accompanied Padme Amidala in the extravagant apartment. Jar Jar was a representative for the Gungan people who lived on the planet of Naboo, Padme Amidala's home planet. Sol knew there was a history between the two, but decided not to ask into it.

Captain Typho was part of the senator's security. He was a tall man with a metal casing over one eye and wore maroon leather from head to toe. And there was also Dorme, a dark-haired woman who was similar in looks to the senator herself. This was intentional, as Dorme would act as the senator as a decoy when needed. The two were close and each feared for each other's lives almost every day, but maybe with this extra protection, they wouldn't have to.

'Senator, you're required for a conference,' Captain Typho alerted Padme, and she excused herself from Jar Jar and Sol.

Sol took this as an opportunity to surveillance the area for all its aspects. She started in the bedroom, where the windows were on an angle facing down to the large bed at the back of the room. A walk-in closet was attached to a bathroom, where the senator's toiletries were neatly organised in washbags. The penthouse was only a temporary home for the woman whose home was Naboo. But to attend meetings with the senate and with Chancellor Palpatine, she preferred to be in the city to make journeys short and painless. But all this seems to have done was make it all the more painful for Padme.

Sol sensed the arrival of guests before the elevator doors opened into the apartment. She left the walk-in closet while she heard Jar Jar Binks' loud voice greet the new Jedi in the building.

'Obi? Obi! Obi, mesa soooo smilen to see'en yousa!'

'It's good to see you, too, Jar Jar.'

Master Obi-wan Kenobi shook the frantic hands of the Gungun with his usual smile on his lips. With his dark brown robe over his shoulders, Obi-wan listened to the ramblings of Jar Jar. He was prepared for the mission that had been handed to him by the council, and it hit closer to home as he would be protecting Padme Amidala. Their history was similar to Padme's with Jar Jar, which also included a young Anakin, who stood beside his Master in his dark robes.

'And this, I take it, is your apprentice-' Jar Jar began but stopped when he blinked at the boy beside Obi-wan. 'Nooo, Ani? Noooo, Little bitty Ani?!'

Anakin broke out into a smile and greeted the Gungun who fussed over seeing him so grown. It wasn't long before Jar Jar led Anakin and Obi-wan further into the penthouse to meet Senator Amidala. She had finished her conference and had Captain Typho and Dorme on her tail as she stopped beside Jar Jar.

'It's a great pleasure to see you again, m'lady,' Obi-wan used his best manners when seeing his old friend. He hadn't seen her since he was a Padawan back when Master Qui-Gonn was still his Master.

'It has been far too long, Master Kenobi,' Padme smiled brightly. 'I'm glad our paths have crossed again. But I must warn you that I think your presence here is unnecessary.'

'I'm sure the Jedi Council have their reasons.'

Through the Force, the room brightened at the re-entrance of Sol. While Anakin was occupied greeting Padme as old friends, Obi-wan caught sight of the Padawan on the other side of the room. The man's eyebrows pinched together in mild confusion, having already sensed her presence as he entered the apartment.

'You have grown much shorter... for a senator, I mean,' Anakin mumbled, and Padme laughed.

'Oh, Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine.'

'Sol, this is a surprise,' Obi-wan called out, and the attention turned back to the girl on the other side of the room. Aware of the eyes now on her, Sol shuffled in between the two sofas that faced a small coffee table. She was most aware of the blue-eyed boy who she had seen earlier that morning and tried to look at Obi-wan, who had originally addressed her.

'Hello, Master Obi-wan, Anakin...' she greeted, her eyes only flickering to the Padawan for a short moment. 'I was also assigned to watch over Senator Amidala by Master Yoda. I hope you don't mind.'

'Of course not,' Master Kenobi smiled. 'I hear Master Yoda has gone to Alderaan with Master Windu. I was under the impression that they would have taken you with them.'

'Yes, I thought they would too...'