"I take it you like hot springs?" Alora sunk into the water until only her head was visible.

    "Of course! They're not common where I come from so I take every chance I can get to swim in one of these." I dipped my head below, soaking my hair and letting the warmth surround me entirely.

    When I resurfaced, I shook my head and rubbed the water from my eyes, "I really needed this." I sighed as my muscles relaxed. We laughed and talked while I washed myself. I felt rejuvenated in the warm waters as all of the dirt washed away.

    The snow fell heavily around us still and the snowflakes fell onto my shoulders and piled up in my hair. I shivered before sticking my tongue out to catch some in my mouth. Alora made fun of me for it before accidentally inhaling a snowflake herself and we went into hysterics.

    When I was practically a prune, we got out and quickly dried off before we became popsicles. I got my clean clothes and wraps on and we prepared to take off.

    "Ready?" She turned her head to look at me as she crouched down once more. Before I could respond, something whizzed past my ear and hit Alora. She screamed in shock as I stumbled back. My eyes were locked on an arrow that had penetrated her right shoulder.

    "Alora!" I ran to her and looked around for a cover of some sort. Spotting a strange object buried in the snow, I lunged for it and pulled out a broken traveler's shield. As I held it up and in front of the both of us, I could see a red bokoblin running along the line of trees nearby. It was hard to tell what it was doing though because the falling snow was so thick.

    "Are you ok?" My body was shaking from the shock.

    "Not really. But this isn't enough to kill me." She stood up slowly with a pained grunt, "We're close to the Flight Range. We need to be quick before I start to really feel it." She crouched down again and I hopped on, the arrow still in her shoulder. This time she took off much faster than before. We soared but I could tell she was struggling. Another arrow whizzed past us but thankfully missed.

    "I don't think I can keep this up. Be prepared to brace yourself." She groaned. Not much longer I heard her yell something but was unable to make out her words. Her right wing had given up and we began falling. I tried to not let her go but she fell much quicker than I did.

    In the blink of an eye, my face was full of snow. We weren't too far off the ground so it was a soft landing. Our rest was short-lived though and more ear-piercing monster calls could be heard.

    "We need to go!" I got up urgently and helped Alora up as well. Most of her weight was on me now as we ran.

    I could see a building in the distance, "We're almost there. Keep going." I said as calmly as I could to Alora who was now struggling more than ever. Her shoulders were drooping and her feet were dragging; Her breath was ragged and uneven. I was using all of my strength to keep the both of us up and moving.

    The small building in front of us had a tall ladder and my heart sank. How am I supposed to get her up there?! My chest felt as though it clenched in fear. In the corner of my eye to the left of the structure, I saw something fly by with great speed. My head shot over to where it was, afraid it was another monster only to sigh in relief to see it was Revali.

    "Revali!" I shouted as loud as I could but he couldn't hear me. He continued shooting arrows while masterfully maneuvering the surrounding area; a large updraft keeping him afloat in between shots. The closer we got the louder the sound of the wind became, muffling out everything else.

    I tried shouting again but it still wasn't working so I helped Alora sit down and began to frantically wave my arms, praying to Hylia he would see me. Sure enough, he still hadn't seen us.

    "You've gotta be kidding me!" I kicked some snow with my foot in anger and yelped as my toes came into contact with a rock wedged in place. I looked down before digging it out and holding it up, "This better work." I hopped in place and readied my arm to throw.

    With all of my strength, I threw the rock as far as I could towards him. It was hard to aim with how he moved but I miraculously managed to get close enough to grab his attention. His eyes darted to where I stood and when he saw Alora he was quick to make his way over. I almost felt queasy from relief that he was finally here to help.

    "What happened?" Revali began inspecting Alora's shoulder.

    "We were," Alora tried to speak but cried out when he placed a wing on the arrow. She wasn't bleeding terribly since the arrow was still acting as a plug where the wound was, but it made my skin crawl just looking at it.

    "We were swimming in the hot spring close by and a stray bokoblin shot her after we got out," I helped her stand back up and Revali was able to lift her up and into the small hut, sheltered from the snow, "We didn't see any monsters on the way over or around the spring so we thought it was safe."

    Revali was able to inspect her wound better but only backed away after glancing at it, "It doesn't look like it hit anything major. I'm going to make sure that bokoblin is dealt with first. Stay here." Without another word, he took off into the skies. I carefully sat next to Alora.

    "How are you feeling?" I did my best to comfort her. She just shrugged with a small chuckle, as if to say, 'How do you think?'. I laughed with her for a short while before we fell into silence. I watched the snow fall around the flight range and felt a strange calmness. I never realized how quiet the snow made everything as it fell peacefully.

-

Hours seemed to have passed and Revali had yet to return so, I had a go at the targets. There just so happened to be a cloth big enough to hold my weight and I managed to make a small paraglider from it. Next to the cloth was a spare bow and some arrows.

It was rough on my hands and extremely difficult to stay in the air for so long, exhausting my energy quickly. I tried multiple times to just ready an arrow midair but it was in vain as I would fall faster than my arms could move. Falling as fast as I was, allowing the paraglider to catch air when falling hurt my arms immensely. I thought my shoulders were going to dislocate and I'm honestly shocked they didn't.

I hopped back on the small platform that gutted out into the circular ravine and noticed Alora looking at me. Stepping away from the deafening wind, I could hear her voice full of worry.

"Don't hurt yourself. I can tell you're in pain." She motioned to my arms and shoulders.

"Ok," I made my way back to where she was and sat down again, "But I think we need to worry more about your wound." I leaned back to examine her shoulder before shooting a quick glance outside, "Where is Revali? He's taking too long!" I complained while scooting to the edge of the structure, trying to find him.

    It was getting dark and the visibility began dropping exceptionally. I could feel the cold making itself comfortable throughout my body as the snowfall grew thicker.