Chapter 2: A Tuesday at the Gas Station

You were walking to your place. It was Halloween and the owners decided to shorten your shift because they said that "You need a break!" And that "You should spend more time by yourself!!"

You thought that was the biggest amount of bull you heard since the flat earth theory!

But you couldn't argue with your bosses! So you obliged. If you're obligated to take a break by your boss. Then you should take a break! The owners were the reason why you even have a job after all!

You sighed and looked both ways.

Your home was across the road. So the walk would only last about a couple minutes or so.

Once all the cars passed, you were sure no other vehicle was nearby. You crossed the road. And you finally went to your place!

Your humble abode was a small camo tent. It was on the edge of the woods, hidden between two trees. It was not the best living space. But beggars can't be choosers! You sighed. It was a unique experience every time you went into your 'home.'

You thought that the Gas Station was your home. Sure, the Gas Station was bad. But it beats living in the tent or your mom's house when she married that guy... You mumbled about how great your mom is and how sad she's being used.

She needed better. You thought as you went into the entrance of your place. She deserved way better...

You unzipped the entrance and went in. It had a lantern on the corner, and a sleeping bag in the middle. The other corners of the tent were also occupied with various items. A pile of snacks and food was in one corner, your backpack was in another corner.

The last one was a trash basket you found in the woods that was barely used due to your working at the Gas Station a lot. You rarely visited this place.

To be fair... you only visited this place because you had your stuff here! As well as sleeping in here.

You sat down and pulled out a book to read. Sure, it was late. But would you want to finish this book? Besides... your next shift is a long time from now. So why not? You got some time to kill!

You were reading. Everything seemed to fade away when you read. The drama, your past, Rocco. Everything bad was gone for at least a little bit when you were reading.

But while you were reading. You heard movement. Drastic movement. It sounds like a guy running and to make it worse. It is near the tent!

Oh, sh*t! You thought, sweating a bit as you heard the noise. Something or someone is outside!

Great... one of your only breaks was interrupted by some person or creature! Damn it!

You slowly got up and grabbed your pocket knife. And you took a deep breath for good measure.

Okay [NAME], you have to go and see what's out there! You thought. There's absolutely no point in being a p*ssy! You're going to confront whoever is there and then you can get back to reading!

You slowly opened up the tent entrance. The sounds suddenly stopped. But you know for a fact that something is out there. In a second you ran out of the tent and pulled out your pocket knife and opened the blade.

"Who's out there!" You said in a tough tone.

You looked around. And what you saw near the edge of a tree. Was the man in the trenchcoat?

He was standing there. All hunchbacked over there. His face was not visible at all. But you did get a look in his hands. It looked pale and skinny. Its fingers, (Or should I say claws.) were inhumanly long! You were sweating a little bit more.