The Raven's Eye (w.a)

Start from the beginning

You watched as the behemoth forcefully swept, attitude in full swing. "Sorry about that, you're looking for Wednesday?" The man spoke, standing oddly close to you, startling you.

Your heart skipped a beat at the closeness; you took a step back, swallowing, "Yes."

"She's right this way," the man smiled and you took in his appearance. This guy was just as weird looking as the last one; except he was a lot shorter, round and bald with eyes sinking into skull. The skin of his face hanging on by literally threads, you read his name tag before he nodded, walking away; Uncle Fester.

You mentally beat yourself up wondering why uncle was there instead of just his name as he led you to the elevator.

You stood before it, and Uncle Fester pressed a button to go up. The elevator light didn't turn on; there was nothing to indicate that the elevator was even working, Uncle Fester groaned, "Oh, come on."

He pressed the button again, and you watched him, perplexing. Uncle Fester glanced at you, "She works. She just needs a little kick, step back please."

You followed instructions while the man aggressively rubbed his hands together. He giggled before the cracking of electricity coursed his fingertips.

"What the—" you almost got out, but he pressed the button again, and the elevator lit up. In fact, the whole lobby lit up. Your eyes roamed the lobby a second time, taking in the space again. With good lights, it was actually a beautiful place. Cobwebs were rampant still but the aesthetic was something fresh out of Victorian England.

Lurch groaned loudly, and Uncle Fester remarked, "I know the light irritates your eye, but we have business. Just put on your shades!"

Lurch groaned again, stomping through the lobby with his hands for shades.

"I hope us being outcasts won't steer away your business." The man said, stepping into the elevator. You spun your heel, quickly joining him.

You shook your head as the old doors closed, "No, not at all. I work with plenty of you down at my office."

"What do you do?" Uncle Fester asked, staring at you.

"I'm a private attorney, a lot of my clients are unique..."

Uncle Fester nodded, "Oh, well, what brings you here if you're a lawyer?"

"Cheating spouse." You muttered, scratching behind your ear.

Uncle Fester grimaced, "Yikes, that's never fun. I was married before. She cheated on me with my right hand."

The elevator door opened, and the two of you stepped out, you stuffed your hands in your pants following the man down the corridor, "Your right hand?"

"Yes, apparently he was gentler, didn't electrify her whenever they touched. But I mean," Uncle Fester stopped before a door, "of course, he's only a right hand; there's nothing else he could do for her."

You froze in your tracks, trying to register what Uncle Fester meant by electrifying and only being a right hand. You shook your head to eradicate the thought while he knocked on the door; he shouted, "Your client is here."

Uncle Fester turned to you and nodded with a grin, he returned to the elevator. You sighed, as the door swung open, you were met with the dark gaze of a small woman.