On The Run

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This chapter depicts a violent scene of assault and battery against a woman. If you are not comfortable with these scenes, skip to the next chapter if available, or kindly wait for the next upload. Please be advised and take precautions.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Third Person POV

Heather drives happily to her step-daughter's new high school to drop her off. Never in her wildest dreams did she ever think she would have to tend to kids, even if they were teenagers. She never thought one of those girls would ever see her with the care and love enough to call her mom. But here she was, with two girls that loved her and called her mom. If only Zoey saw her the same loving way that the girls saw her.

It would take a while, but she hopes one day she could win Zoey's love and affection back. Not that he wanted to take her away from Layla and Daniel, after all, she knew Zoey was where she was meant to be with. "Ok, honey. Have a safe and beautiful day. I will pick you up after school. Oh, and by the way, your mom said your grandpa will be by today to take you, girls, out for dinner." she tells the youngest girl, Danna, making her turn with a nod and walking with a smile to her class. The only thing she was happy about when meeting Vincent was meeting these girls, the girl's mom who was now a good friend, and surprisingly, her inlaws were nice to Heather as well.

She had in them the happy family she had always hoped to have. Sure, they weren't her blood, and she was not going to have any relation to them once she divorced Vincent(if they ever find him). But at least she knew that the girls were too attached to her to let the family kick her out.

She drove to a cafe to meet with a friend. She parked the car and then made her way toward the place. She happily strolled through her phone, not paying mind to her surroundings. It was a bad idea. She felt a hard pain on the back of her head, causing her to fall to the ground. She could hear a loud ringing in her ear and an excruciating pain in the back of her head.

She groans, grabbing her throbbing head and feeling the dam warm blood oozing out of her skull from the opened wound. "This is a little message from Mr. Alejo." a deep voice says as two men begin to beat her. She felt hard kicks to her body and punches on her face, hands, and legs causing her to cry out in pain. They cared less that she was a small thin and frail woman. They had a message from Vincent Alejo. A message that told her she had dire consequences for taking him to ruins and stealing all of his money.

She coughs out blood as she feels a kick to her stomach, staining her blush pink two-piece skirt suit. She was covered in dirt and blood, but that was the least of her worries. One of the guys was ready to end her. He took a knife out and gripped her hair, ready to stab her right in her heart like Vincent had 0rdered him to. But thanks to the little bit of luck left on her behalf, bystanders began to run toward them, making him miss, and stabbing her in the arm.

She cries out in pain as she feels the tiny thin but evidently sharp knife pierce her skin. He lets go of her and the two men take off running the opposite way that the bystanders are. One girl goes and helps Heather, immediately asking her if she is alright and dialing for help, while the two guys that were with the bystander female run after the two men who just attacked her in broad daylight. But to no avail. The two men jump into a moving van and take 0ff before they can get to them.

Heather is left with a wound to the back of her head, leaving her with a throbbing headache; a stab wound to her upper arm,and many cuts and bruises throughout her body. Her knees are filled with scratches and cuts, and she can feel herself coming in and out of consciousness.

She knows it was Vincent, and she wants to take revenge, but she can't do a damn thing about it until he is captured. She knows one thing though, she will make him pay. She will make sure he rots in jail and never comes out. There is too much evidence in that envelope she gave Daniel. She just needed to make sure he opened that damn envelope and gave it to the right person.

The ambulance arrives and they lift her off as many bystanders virgin to gather around to see all the mayhem. They take her away to the nearest hospital where Vincent's ex-wife is already waiting, worried about her well-being. They stride Heather in, and she runs to her, heartbroken as she sees her state. "Oh, my god, Heather!" she calls out, holding her hand, and squeezing it lightly.

"I'm fine. I'll be ok. Just... Make sure he gets caught. I don't want him getting to the girls. Or Zoey... Please make sure Zoey is ok." Heather says, crying and feeling the knot in her throat.

"Ma'am, are you her family?" one of the nurses asks, and she shakes her head, "Yes. I'm her sister." she lies, but they buy it.

"Ok. We have to take her in. Please, if you can fill her paperwork while we tend to her. We will let you know when we have stabilized her and placed her in a room." the nurse tells her, making her nod in agreement.

Two hours pass before she sees a doctor come out and leads her into Heather's room. She took the liberty to go through Heather's phone and belongings, finding a picture of Zoey and Daniel as they hugged each other happily. She couldn't help but call him to let him know what had happened. After all, he was the only person Heather ever talked about lovingly, besides Zoey. She only hoped he could come and see her. Maybe with him and Zoey here, it will cheer her up and make her get well sooner.

And while that happens, she will take revenge for her. Vincent was on the run, but not for long. She knew all of his connections, and if there was one person they feared more than Vincent, it was his father. Luckily for her, he was on her side, and it was time to give him a little call to let him know what he had just done. "You won't last long Vincent. You can run all you want, but eventually, I will catch you and make you pay for everything you've ever done to us."

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨