CHAPTER TWELVE

How could he say that?

Hurt and disappointed by Andrew's words, I spend the whole evening curled up in my room.

But it's only the truth, and that is what makes it all the more painful. I'm not his girlfriend. I never was. Our relationship is based on a drunken kiss and a handful of lies, but why does it hurt so much?

I let out a long sigh of despair and get up from my bed. "Enough of the buffoonery, Amelia. He is hurt as well. The correct thing to do here is clear up the misunderstanding. I guess I should go and talk to him, but why does it feel like this isn't going to en well?" I said to myself.

Huh, where is he? I feel like I've searched the whole house. Maybe I should give him a call. It's already midnight.

"Hey, Amelia. You aren't asleep yet?" 

I look the familiar voice that came from, Bentley. "Oh, hi, Bentley." I said to Bentley as I greeted to him. "I was just looking for Andrew. Have you seen him anywhere?" I asked to Bentley.

"He isn't back yet, drove away minutes after he dropped you here." Bentley said to me.

"Okay... Any idea where he might be?" I asked to him.

"I'm not quite sure, I called the office, but they said he hasn't been in the office since evening. He left on his own didn't take the driver with him." Bentley said.

"Can you let me know when he comes back?" I asked to Bentley.

"Of course, Amelia. By the way, you didn't cook dinner tonight. Is everything okay?" Bentley asked to me.

My eyes widen from what Bentley asked me. "Um, I was just feeling a bit under the weather. I am okay, Bentley." I said to Bentley.

"Andrew told me you were sick when I was away. If you still feel tired, you should get some rest." Bentley said to me.

"No, no, I'm perfectly alright." I said to Bentley with a small smile.

"You look tired, don't worry about Andrew, and get some sleep." Bentley said to me with a worried tone. 

I give Bentley a trim nod and decide to go back to bed. "I'll be in my room then. If you need something, you know where to find me." I said to Bentley.

"Wait, Amelia." 

"Yes?" I stopped as I look to Bentley.

"Not to intrude, but did something happen between you and Andrew?" Bentley asked to me.

I know Bentley would catch on. He doesn't look like it, but he had always been observant.

"You need to know that I care deeply for both of you. I know it's been only a couple months since you've been here, but I believe you and I have become quite close." Bentley said to me.

"Yes, we have." I said to him.

"So if you need someone to talk to, I'm here as a friend to support you." Bentley said.

Bentley is the closet person to Andrew that I know of. Talking to him might help me understand Andrew's perspective. And I could definitely use some friendly advice right now.

"Well, Bentley... Andrew and I, we had a little fight."

"Little fight?" Bentley asked to me.

"Well, it's not really a fight, more like a misunderstanding." I sadly said to him.

"Andrew was always a kid with a wild imagination. And with a wild imagination comes misunderstandings. That doesn't surprise me" 

"At the supermarket, he saw me and my ex together." I said to Bentley.