*

It had been exactly a week since Chaeyoung had stupidly stumbled forward into Jungkook and almost kissed him, a week since she had difficulties trying to get herself to sleep because all she could think of was him. She was pretty convinced that the stupid incident even appeared in her dream, though it became vague once she woke up.

A week passed since she had last eaten lunch with him and neither actually contacted each other to talk about lunch ever since. She wasn't sure if she could come over and even if she could, she didn't think lifting her spoon was even possible with the embarrassment surrounding her. And Jungkook didn't say anything either unlike how he used to text her every morning asking if she was coming over to his place for lunch or not.

For one week straight, despite her attempt of keeping herself busy with work to keep Jungkook off her mind, her meals felt distasteful and it was pathetic that loneliness was an inevitable feeling when eating lunch on her own. She had been just fine consuming every meal either all on her own or with her friends in the past before he came into her life.

Now, it just felt strange and empty. She had gone out having lunch with her colleagues, Sooyoung and Seojun, thinking that all she probably needed was a company to enjoy her lunch together. Despite enjoying her lunch with them, her mind couldn't help but imagine and wish for Jungkook's presence.

One week was enough before she decided to show up at his door during lunch hour with the hope that after this lunch, he would stop occupying the space in her mind for a while. But what started to be a couple seconds turned into a minute. A minute turned into ten and Chaeyoung sighed heavily, her shoulders dropping as she looked into the security camera. For ten minutes or so, she had been standing outside his door, ringing and knocking without a single response. Her texts were left unread.

Was he pissed about what happened about a week ago?

Could be, since it definitely wasn't supposed to happen. They weren't quite fond of each other, and an incident like that was only going to worsen their relationship that had just become slightly better.

After spending another five minutes of waiting, Chaeyoung decided that it was better to just leave. She put down the lunch she had cooked from home on the floor just right in front of his door, fished for the sticky note she brought with her anywhere and a pen, and wrote a note for him.

Chaeyoung checked her phone and read all the texts she sent to him. Couldn't he at least read them? She pouted as she began to delete them one by one as she stepped into the elevator. The elevator ride felt especially slow at that moment, feeling like it was taking more time than necessary to bring her to the next floor that she started to cross her arms in annoyance, leaning her back against the wall. Once every few seconds, she brought her phone up and considered calling Jungkook once she got back to her car but then she doubted that it was possible to get a word out of her mouth.

As soon as it reached the ground floor, Chaeyoung let out a huge sigh as she uncrossed her arms and lazily brought herself forward to leave. When she stepped into the threshold, a hand slammed against the elevator door to prevent it from closing and a figure stepped just right in front of her before there was a hand holding her waist.

Chaeyoung gasped softly as she was led backwards, back into the elevator before she realized who it was when she looked up. Jungkook's eyes were locked on hers as he pressed the close button behind his back while his hand on her waist stayed.

"Where have you been?" he asked with a frown when the elevator door finally closed. He briefly turned around to press on his floor before his attention was back on her again. "You weren't in your office."