Adam Fantilli

There was a knock at your door, you peeked through to see it was Adam

There was a knock at your door, you peeked through to see it was Adam. You two had been assigned to work on a project together for a class and ever since he had liked you. The project was long done, but he would still stop by to do school work with you, he was your study buddy, except he wanted more. You weren't sure how you felt about him and didn't know if you wanted to be in a relationship in your first year of college but you thought his efforts were cute. You would always say no every time he would ask you out on a date for real but never declined a study session.

"One sec Adam," you quickly looked around your room to make sure it was clean, your roommate was never around since college was so close to home for her. You opened the door to see Adam he leaned against your doorframe.

"Hey, are we still on for today, big exam tomorrow you weren't answering your phone so I just came over," he shrugged.

"Maybe because you're late and I already had my phone off to focus," you crossed your arms.

"Yeah, that's my bad, but in my defense, I just woke up," he smiled.

"You're lucky we are friends, come in," you grinned. He closed the door behind him and sat down on your bed. The two of you began to study and quiz each other, you would occasionally catch him making eyes at you. After a couple of hours, it was time for a break,

"Let's go meet Mark or your brother for dinner or something my head hurts,"

"What? We don't need them," he looked offended.

"Adam, I've barely seen them since the season ended, and with Luke in New Jersey I only have the three of you I'm close with on the team left."

"Will we ever have dinner, as you know? Just us?" He asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Adam?"

"Oh cmon Y/N you gotta give me a chance," he gave you pleading eyes.

"Fine I will go out with you..." he began to cheer, but you stopped him "after tomorrow's test."

"I don't get it we are going to dinner now let's just do it now," he cut you off.

"Let me finish or it's going to be a complete no," he motioned zipping his lips shut. "We get our papers back after we finish our tests tomorrow right?"

"Yes, but I don't know what that has to do with-"

"If you get a better grade than me on that paper I will go out with you tomorrow after our test, but if I do better you have to do something for me," you were feeling confident. You and Adam both knew you were the better writer out of the two of you but he agreed anyway.

"Fine, but that's just unfair," he rolled his eyes

"Hey you never know, we'll see tomorrow, now let's go see Mark and Luke," you smiled.

"Okay," he looked down at the ground walking out of your room. It was a quiet walk to the dining hall letting you be with your thoughts. Maybe going out with Adam wouldn't be so bad, you did think he was cute after all and you know him very well, the worst thing that could happen would be it being awkward. The deal was in place you couldn't turn back.