Stinky Flowers

Author Note: Hello babes! 🥺💛

It has been a while since I updated this story. I don't know if you guys can tell, but I've been updating many 🤣

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was his first day back since the ultrasound, and he could already feel his good mood dwindling. Naruto was nauseous again, and he couldn't have his usual 4 cups of coffee. He kept having people come into the office to congratulate him or give little quips about his relationship with Sasuke and he had so much work backed up and -

"Hi, my dear." Mikoto waltzed in, wearing an Alexander McQueen navy power suit with sides covered in lace, and carrying a container with soup. "I brought this for nausea. The flavors aren't overpowering, and it's nutritious."

"Oh my god!" Naruto groaned in appreciation and grabbed the soup from her hands, "Thank you." He was absolutely starving from not being able to keep anything down.

She leaned over and helped Naruto set up his food, "Your mom and I are so excited."

He huffed with a pout, "I know, she calls me every few hours with information."

"Information?" She handed him a napkin and a drink of ginger ale.

"Yeah on names, what I can and can't eat. What sex positions I shouldn't do. Sasuke already bought us four books." He took a sip and hummed at the taste and the fact that his nausea didn't act up. "I just want everyone to shut up."

Mikoto giggled, "Wait until the baby shower. That's when - ". Her phone started going off, and she frowned when her eyes read the screen, "Sorry sweetheart, it's the station."

"No, go ahead. Thank you for feeding me!" He waved Mikoto goodbye and started devouring the soup the moment she was out of eyesight. The soup and the ginger ale did wonders, and he felt great for the first time in forever. He checked his emails as he lit his favorite soothing candle. His inbox was filled with potential listings sent from their realtor, and he decided to focus on that instead. It sounded way more exciting than dealing with stuffy, rude, and nosy people.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A few weeks later

Naruto threw the last empty box into the recycling bin in the yard and wiped the sweat running down his neck. They'd finally finished moving in. Well technically, taking things out of boxes. They still had yet to put everything away. Naruto wasn't really looking forward to that and hoped he could pull the 'I'm pregnant' card so he wouldn't have to.

He was surprised at how quickly they closed on the house, but the previous owners were desperate to get rid of it and start enjoying their retirement. The house was exceptionally well taken care of and thankfully didn't need too much work. It wasn't luxurious by any means, it was a simple medium-sized one story and perfect for them. 4 bedrooms and an office.

It was the second house they had looked at, and after the walkthrough, they just knew. It was all high ceilings and open. There was a beautiful garden perfect for gardening, though Naruto would first have to learn how to garden, and a pool that they'd have to eventually put a gate around.

After a shower, the blonde threw the last load of laundry into the dryer and flung himself on the newly purchased couch. As he was about to turn on the TV, Sasuke slipped through the garage door and entered their home. Home.