The Boring City

Author Note: Helllooo everyone! I am FINALLY posting this story. I originally deleted it because I wasn't happy with it, but I think now it's better! I hated deleting it, but it had to be done. This story has been re-written like 2 times, so I hope this time it's better!

This is formerly known as Omegas Rule / Omegas Rule the World

I don't think anyone will remember how this story went since it was never posted here, only on AO3 & ffnet. The first few chapters are technically ready, but I still want to go over them and add stuff to them. Enough talking! I hope you enjoy 💛

Chapter One: The Boring City

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Omegas were rare.

Omegas were treasured and protected.

They were said to rule the world.

The citizens of Konoha preferred to have omegas on the city council. Some alphas and betas were voted in too, but they weren't as common. They weren't seen as unique. The public wanted people who had their best interests at heart. People who would fight for what is right while making sure the people were provided for.

It was another Monday morning in City Hall, an ungodly hour of 8 AM when the meeting room door busted open.

"Good morning, babes!" Sakura, City Attorney, and Ino, Planning Director (and badass omegas), chirped to everyone. They were the epitome of boss babes, without the scheming and toxic hustle mentality. They'd woken up at 5 am, met up to do yoga and Pilates, got green smoothies, and already had their week scheduled. They were fucking ready for the damn week.

"Why are you both so loud?" Shikamaru, Finance Director (a lazy but intelligent beta), was barely awake at this time. As soon as he sat in his chair, his head smacked the table, and everyone knew at this point not to wake him up until the meeting actually started.

"Because it's the start of another week, duh." Sakura took a sip of her green tea and removed her signature red jacket.

"She became this beast when she married Lee." Gaara, Fire Chief, and beta, mumbled as he threw himself on a comfortable chair. He always dressed like he never got over his emo phase, but he somehow still made it look stylish. His red and white Fire Department jacket matched perfectly with the ripped jeans accessorized with chains and combat boots. From a young age, Gaara had loved fire, and he'd been given two choices in life. Either become an arsonist or work for the fire department. He'd decided on the fire department because he didn't think an orange jumpsuit would suit him, and he didn't want to take any chances.

Lee was a good friend of his. He was a great guy. But he was way too optimistic for Gaara, and the moment Sakura started dating Lee, she became an optimistic beast too. The next thing they knew, the staff were being signed up for charity runs. Runs. Their wedding was almost turned into a Ninja Warrior event.

The City Manager, Tsunade, had worked hard on making the meeting and break rooms extremely comfortable to keep them 'motivated', but they knew it was for her to have comfy hourly naps. She tended to rely on her grandson Naruto, Assistant City Manager (a sweet, charming omega with a temper from hell) for everything. The public adored the blonde and wanted him to run for city manager once Tsunade retired, but Naruto would just give them a sheepish smile and say he enjoyed his current position.

Said blonde was walking into the room with the Recreational Director, Deidara (also an omega with a temper from hell, handsome but not so sweet). They were both snickering and watching something on Deidara's phone.