Chapter Seven: Oh Brother...

Start from the beginning

Seemed like Mario had a bit of bad luck with animals...

Mario and Toad walked under a bridge past an old Antique shop and into a construction site of some sort, where toadstools wearing construction hats humbled around. Toad walked onto a platform.
"And up we go!" He exclaimed as the small gate shut in front of him. Mario stopped in his tracks and looked up above.
"Wait 'up'?" How did Toad expect to leave the ground? Was this an elevator? Getting out of his thoughts, Mario quickly hopped over the gate and onto the platform just as it began rising up beside the building by an unknown force.

Toad hopped off and kept running ahead as the platform reached the top of a building onto the rooftops and Mario followed, afraid he was going to get lost in a bustling and confusing place like this. There was no way Mario had any plans on spending an eternity just trying to get to the castle from here only to get lost.
In fact, as they made it onto yet another moving platform, this one moving side to side, Mario felt as if he was going to lose all feeling in his body as his legs turned to jello from how high and fast both he and Toad were going.
Toad continued hopping onto another moving platform once more as Mario leaped up behind him, barely catching himself off the edge as the platform moved to another rooftop. Toad even turned around to see if his new friend was still with him at this point. The little guy then ran ahead, as if nothing was wrong and he was completely fine with all the running, while Mario stopped to catch his breath. Were they getting close to the castle at all? Sure didn't feel like it.

Losing sight of Toad almost immediately, Mario decided to step onto the platform ahead of him, where a lime-green toadstool was standing.
Toad, who was still ahead of him, turned around and saw this as Mario decided to make small talk with the strange creature standing beside him. Toad whistled to him and caught Mario's attention, both catching up with one another. 

If Mario thought this was stressful enough, he had another thing coming...

Suddenly without warning, Mario quickly came to realize that they were suddenly walking across a bridge of floating bricks completely separate from one another. This was either magic or some sort of witchcraft... perhaps it was just some invisible strings?... Whatever it was, it made Mario mentally panic, balancing himself from not falling from this height.

"WOAH!! Uhh...okay. So, these bricks are just FLOATING here? Uhh..." 

Toad smiled brightly as they made it to some large colorful pipes leading all up and around the tall buildings and walls ahead of them. This place really was confusing for newcomers, wasn't it? Thankfully, Toad agreed to be Mario's guide through this. He probably would've NEVER gotten this far through town without him.

"Just hop in this pipe and we'll be on our way!" Toad continued explaining to the red plumber. Mario became relieved. They were getting close. Hopefully, this princess could help Mario rescue his brother... and hopefully, find them a way back home after.

Mario continued gazing at the large pipes in wonder for a moment before seeing Toad already standing beside a clear glass pipe.
"It's the only way to fly, man!" Toad chuckled before leaping inside, sending himself flying smoothly through the pipe's path and cheering along the way. Mario seemed amazed by this as he peeked through the pipe Toad had gone through.
"Oh, wow! Love these pi--" Before he could even finish complimenting, Mario got sucked inside the pipe himself. 
While Toad had a fun time sliding around through the pipe with smooth sailing, Mario bumped into every corner and wall there was in the pipe and couldn't get himself to stop spinning the whole time. Toad was more used to his than he was, which kind of sucked in Mario's case at that moment.

Showoff...

Once the first part of this horror show was over, Toad popped up through a red pipe and immediately dropped himself into the blue pipe next to him in front of another green pipe. How many pipes were in this weird place?!