This student of his, despite the confidence and playfulness he commonly exhibit, is stupid in expressing emotions other than joy. He showcases emotions such as sincerity in a way that makes it seem untrustworthy, anger in a way that looked as if he lost interest and sadness in a way that looked as if he's irritated.

After moments of awkward silence, Professor Winster finally spoke, "Your spell had been deactivated at– I believe was the 14th of the 1st month."

It was three days after the start of the incident.

Ver felt confused and so he asked, "If it's fixed then why keep it close?"

"Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the reason."

Ver pouted as he complained about his Profesor's unsatisfying answer, "Don't I deserve a reason?"

His mentor suddenly frowned. He then said loudly startling Ver as well as the unwanted spectators, "It seems many of you have too much free time to listen in conversations that none of you are a part of?"

Ver looked behind the older man's back. The once-deserted section of the corridor gained attraction as a few students peeked to see if there was drama.

Professor Winster turned around, memorizing the students that immediately caught his hawk-like eyes.

"Winfrey, Delia, Liliana, Owens, Jackson and Helena, to my office immediately." He then turned to Ver and said before leaving, "Don't be late for the lecture tomorrow."

Ver took one last look at the forcefield before heading to the 3rd floor.

As he went up the stairs, he met eyes with a young man wearing silver-rimmed glasses who also wore the same uniform as him. His stoic expression felt familiar, but he just can't seem to recall the other's name.

Just before passing Ver, the young man suddenly greeted in a flat almost uninterested tone, "Good morning, Young master Sinclair."

The young man saw Ver's slightly perplexed expression and felt oddly disappointed that the other didn't recognize him.

"Good Morning to you too," Ver responded feeling a bit stunned. The other didn't seem like the kind of person to greet a random stranger, so they must have met in the past.

Were they classmates before? But the boy looked young, maybe about the same age as his sister.

His thoughts continued until Ver reached the library, which was empty aside from a blond girl and the old lady librarian. As he walked inside the blond girl that stood near the entrance strode towards him with clenched fists. Her face increasingly got ugly as he neared him.

"TRASH BASTARD!" She yelled, raising her balled-up right hand and swinging it towards his face.

Ver took a step back, dodging her punch before grabbing her arm and slamming her in an elegant manner.

Ver then looked towards the old lady. He smiled as he said, "Ma'am, I believe you will take the side of the victim if this reaches court."

                              ~·+•+·~

The young man adjusted his glasses as he continued to walk down the stairs. As he reached the lowest floor, he turned to a corner of the long corridor. His dark brown eyes turned from one direction to another, eagerly taking in the complex yet beautiful runic writings that were used as designs. Out of all the floors, the lowest and the highest had the most defensive runes.

He stopped in his tracks as he caught a glimpse of a thick layer of forcefield covering a pair of large doors.

"RIVEN!" A girl, who is the representative of the student council, that was assigned to show him around the vicinity came running towards him.

As soon as she neared, she held onto the wall for support as tried to catch her breath.

"Y-you–huff!...look...every–huff!— cough, COUGH!" She covered her mouth as she let out violent coughs.

"Shall I call for help?" Riven asked.

"N-no! I'm... alright now." She brought out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat off her face.

"Professor Winster is said to be in his office now. Let me escort you...hm?" She stopped and looked over to where Riven was looking.

"That's the courtyard–well used to be the courtyard until the students turned it into what is now known as the testing ground. It's temporally closed due to the illusion incident, but I think they would open it tomorrow." She explained.

Riven grew curious as to what the 'illusion incident' was. Just before he could inquire about more information, the representative started to rant.

"A senior said that the troublemaker from Profesor Winster's class had maliciously drawn a magic circle that trapped the students inside into some kind of void-like place. It was so confusing to deactivate it that the Vice Principal had to personally come."

Professor Winster? Their in the same class?

She then continued her rant, "Alas, this isn't the only incident that he caused, there was the incident where he got into an argument with the new combat instructor, the beast incident...I can't recall the others but there are a lot. I advise you to stay away from that troublemaker."

Riven nodded before asking, "May I know his name?"

She paused for a moment as she tried to recall his name. It took a few seconds before she could reply.

"I believe it was Ver."