" This is actually really good Deku. Good work, I'm actually really impressed."

Green eyes go wide as he stops chewing.

" You .. you are?"

Crimson eyes meet disbelieving green.

" Hell yeah I am. Shit, when I first got here you couldn't do hardly anything for yourself. You looked like shit in that hospital and even the first few weeks were rough. Now look at you. You got out of bed, got ready, made food, all without any help from me. That's improvement Izuku, you should be fucking proud too. You aren't helpless nerd, I hope you finally see that."

Izuku smiles. What Katsuki thought of him always ment everything. But then there's a sudden frown and a thought.

" Well I mean, I still do need you though, it's not like I can be on my own yet."

The blonde studies him unsure if that change of expression is because he doesn't want him to go or because he's upset that he still needs help.

Katsuki shrugs.

" That's ok Deku. I told you I'll be here as long as it takes."

Emerald eyes suddenly meet crimson and Izuku's tongue seems to speak before his mind does.

" T-then what?"

They lock eyes a beat and Katsuki is suddenly almost breaking into a sweat because does this nerd know? Know how he feels, how's he's almost sure he's always felt.

" What.. what do you mean?", he asked almost with his own stutter.

Green eyes shift back down to his breakfast that is now getting pushed around on his plate.

Katsuki can tell this nerd wants to say something, he can almost feel it hanging in the air between them. He begins to bounce his knee under the table, nervous by the silence.

" Deku, what do you mean?"

They lock eyes and there's words banging around inside the blonde's head suddenly, that he won't breathe out loud.

' Ask, ask me to stay Deku. That's all you fucking have to do. Say the damn words.'

Izuku shrugs with a shy smile finally, shrugging with a head shake.

" Nothing really Kacchan, I just wondered what your plans were, like what you'd want to do first when you finally get to get out of here and go back home, back to your.. your real life.", he says almost like he doesn't want to hear his own words.

The blonde stares at him, there's a crash of ache against his chest, a feeling of hurt rising up in him that he didn't expect. It twist up in him causing a rush of anger.

He wipes his mouth with a napkin throwing it on his plate, pushing his chair back harshly as he stands up and heads to the sink with the rest of his forgotten breakfast.

Izuku goes wide eyed with worry at the sudden action. His eyes are on the blonde's built back in a black tshirt as Katsuki stands at the sink roughly washing his plate. He's completely confused as to what just happened here.

" Kacchan.. what.. what's wrong?? Why are you so upset??"

Katsuki turns around leaning back on the sink has he dries his hands with a dish cloth.

" Why do you do that huh? Why the fuck do you always make it sound like being here must be making me miserable, like this is some God damn prison sentence or something?! Like I'm just dying to get out of here. Do I act like that Deku?! Do I give off the impression that I want to go, like I hate being here?! I'm being absolutely fucking serious when I ask you that because I can't figure out what makes you so God damn sure that that's how I feel."