Chapter 13 - Reunions

Start from the beginning

"I've missed you Ellie," He murmurs into my hair. The endearment causing my eyes to moisten with unwanted tears. Only him and my mother ever called me Ellie. I pull away before the tears could leak out as I pull myself together.

"I've missed you too Uncle. I'm sorry I couldn't come see you sooner, but you know why I couldn't," I state. My pack, Uncle Levi and his Beta, were the only ones who knew of the secret.

"It's alright kiddo, I know. I'm glad to have you here now though," he assures. "Tyler, I assume you have been taking care of my Ellie in my absence," he turns to Tyler giving him a stern look.

"Yes I most definitely have and let me tell you, it isn't an easy task," he responds, not paying mind to his stern glare.

Since Tyler and I have been best friends since our diaper days, he became like a nephew to my uncle. My Uncle never met his mate to this day. Everyone just assumed she must have died before they got the chance to meet. Although I know it kills him not having a mate by his side, he doesn't let that stop him from looking out for his pack. He does have an heir though. He has announced a while back that Devin would be taking over the title when the time was right.

Devin Lee is my adoptive cousin. My uncle found him when he was barely a day old. As my uncle's story goes, he was out patrolling the first year he had taken over the Alpha Title. On his patrol he ran into a group of rogues who were surrounding a wounded she-wolf. After killing off the rogues, he realized the she-wolf was hunched over protecting a small bundle in her arms. My Uncle took her to the pack doctor, but unfortunately there wasn't much they could do for her. She had already lost a lot of blood after the birth and then with the wounds inflected on her by the rogues, it was too late. My Uncle called every neighboring pack asking if they were missing a pregnant woman, but no pack claimed them. My Uncle swore it was fate and decided to keep the pup and raise him as his own.

When Devin turned 1, a woman showed up to the pack claiming she knew the child's mother. It turned out she was the mother's best friend. She filled my uncle in on Devin's mother's story and how she had become a rogue. In honor of Devin's mother, my Uncle decided to give Devin his mother's surname, Lee. On paper, he was Devin Lee Mason, but he just went by Devin Lee as a way to keep his mother's memory alive. The woman, who Devin now refers to as his aunt, joined the Crescent Pack to watch over him as it was what his mother would've wanted. She filled Devin in with stories of his mother as he grow up.

"Glad you finally decided to grace us with your presence." Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"I literally saw you 2 weeks ago Dev," I reply with an eye roll.

"I know, but that feels so long ago," he whines before jumping on me and bringing me into a tight embrace as we stumbled down to the ground.

"Get off her!" someone growls out, before I'm yanked away from Devin.

I turn my head to see who is holding me, only to come face to face with Aaron Miller. Where the hell did he come from? I come back back to my sense once the shock has worn off. I elbow Aaron hard in the ribs and wiggle my way out of his arms. He tries to get a hold of me, but a let out a warning growl that sounded menacing even to my own ears. Caught off guard, he stopped mid-step, looking at me in disbelief.

"What the hell is going on?" Devin asks as dusts himself off.

"You need to keep your hands off what doesn't belong to you! That is what's going on!" Aaron roars out.

"I don't belong to you Alpha Miller, remember?" I state.

'Maybe this is the right time to complete the rejection,' Freya suggests.

'You think?'

'I mean there isn't really a right time, but might as well get it over with.'

'You're right here goes.'

"Brielle, what is going on here?" Uncle Levi asks, using my full name, not a good sign.

"I'll explain later, promise. Right now I have something important to do," I respond before turning my focus back on Aaron. "I think it's time to finish this."

A look of realization shines in his eyes as he catches on to what I'm about to do. Anger overshadows the shock as he attempts to reach out for me. Tyler and Adrian quickly grab onto him, both of them giving me a nod once they have a secure hold on him. It seems like they caught on to my plan as well.

'Damn he must really be weak for an Alpha. A Beta and Delta shouldn't be enough to hold him back,' Freya mocks.

"3 years ago, you rejected me and I was unable to process it and complete it due to certain circumstances," I begin, "But I think this is way over due."

"Don't you dare!" Alpha Miller shouts as he struggles against Tyler and Adrian's hold.

"I Brielle Gray, Alpha of the Blood Moon pack accept your rejection," I declare, staring him straight the eyes.

I watch in cruel satisfaction as he doubles over in pain. He lets out what sounds like a growl mixed with a howl. Now he gets to experience the pain I felt 3 years ago, except his pain is tripled. As I have ascended, I am now a higher rank than him, therefore making the rejection worse. I could feel a slight sting in my chest but it it's nothing compared to how I felt the first time. I notice blood start trickling out of his eyes and down his face as he wailed in pain. Everyone was too shocked to help him and I sure as hell am not doing anything, just like he did to me. Karma is a bitch.

"Alpha!" comes a cry from behind Aaron.

I look up to see his beta running in our direction. He elbowed his way past Tyler and Adrian, who were standing behind a withering Aaron. His beta shoves them away from Aaron as he helps him stand up.

"What the hell did you do to him?" his beta demands, his gaze sweeping around everyone present. No one bothered to answer him. He focused his death glare on me, which I returned causing him to cower away immediately.

"I only returned what he did to me," I decided to respond. "I suggest taking him to the pack doctor."

He takes one last look at all of us before ushering his Alpha away to the pack doctor.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Brielle," my uncle states with his best attempt at a stern look.

I know he can't ever be truly mad at me. He says I remind him too much of my mother. He signals all of us to follow him. I'm assuming we are headed to his office for a long talk. Everyone follows his lead with me trailing behind begrudgingly. I do not wish to go into detail of my love life with my uncle. There is no use avoiding him though, my Uncle can be a really persuasive man.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Hey guys!

Here is another update. I am trying to do my best at staying consistent with the updates.

P.S, if you guys have any story recommendations, I'm more than willing to give them a try. Any genre is ok.

Please vote & comment, the support means the world to me.

Enjoy! 💛