“Oh Ian.” Melody snapped her gaze into focus again and looked at Dana. The huge chested, thin, artificial highlighted brunette was fluffing her hair in the mirror. Melody saw the girls gray eyes flash to the door before she turned to Zoë.

“Don’t tell anyone I told you this, but…”

Zoë shrieked, and quickly promised she wouldn’t tell anyone, though Melody and Dana both knew that was a lie. And Melody had a sneaking feeling that Dana was telling her for that exact purpose.

“Well we made out in the janitor closet for a few minutes. He was probably the best kisser ever, it doesn’t even feel real. Oh, and He asked me to the party at his house on Saturday night.”

Zoë’s eyes went larger than thought possible before she breathed, “No!”

Dana looked coolly back at her reflection and swiped some mascara onto her eyelashes, and although her face was empty, Melody recognised the look of triumph shining in her eyes. “Yes.”

“Who else is invited?” Zoë asked excitedly.

Dana shrugged, “Everyone – ” She let out a throaty chuckle, “Well obviously except fairytale girl.”

Melody sank backwards into the seat; she wasn’t upset because everyone else was invited, except her. She was public enemy number one. No, it was because she had the sinking feeling that she recognised the story line of what Dana was saying.

Any religious Criminal Minds watcher, as well as a highschooler would know that, like a serial killer, a player had a pattern, and Melody recognized this one. It was the one she wrote. It was Ian’s.

Melody was fairly certain that Dana and Ian had gotten up to much more in the janitors closet than she was telling Zoë. It was his pattern. Have quick shag in the closet with a girl; invite them to a party that they think is secretly in their honour. Then dump them in the most drastic, dramatic, and entertainment pleasing way. In a way it was almost exactly like a serial killer. Sadistic to the girl’s heart. God, she didn’t like players.

Ian felt very accomplished that day. Word had already spread about him and the chesty brunette, and it had also caught on like wild fire about his party. Everyone was invited, even the people at the bottom of the food chain, well  at least that was what the black haired football player had told him. Xavier had elected himself Ian’s wingman the moment he saw him and Ian couldn’t care less.

“So it’s all set for Saturday. I already texted my brother and he’s bringing over the keg and since you live in an apartment I came up with a solution. We have it at the beach behind my house!” Xavier explained, though Ian barely listened to him.

“Cool.”

“Yeah I thought it was a pretty wicked idea. So I heard that you had a busy lunch,” he said, chuckling.

For the first time since their conversation had begun, Ian looked over at the jock sitting beside him in History. He shrugged his shoulders and smirked at the look on his face.

“Who was it? No one told me yet.”

“I think her name started with a D but so this her breast size I’m pretty sure.”

Xavier’s eyes widened and he looked like he was about to start bowing to Ian. “You fooled around with Dana Thomas. You are a legend man. No, man, you’re a god!”

The smirk on Ian’s face grew larger, that was definitely a term he was used to.  “That’s really weird coming from another guy, you know.”

Xavier grinned, “It’s not on my knowledge, the girls have been ogling you all day dude, though there is some other blond dude, but I wouldn’t worry about him. He was hanging out with fairytale girl.”