Eyes

What could be better than waking up next to the person you love? As Jungkook slowly opens his eyes, he sees Taehyung lying next to him, watching him with a gentle smile. The corners of Jungkook's mouth immediately pull up as the butterflies in his stomach wake up along with him.

"How long have you been looking at me like that?"

"I don't know, but I could look at you like that for hours."

Grinning, Jungkook straightens up to give Taehyung a good morning kiss. Gently, he surrounds his lips with his own and then brushes a strand of hair from his face.

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

Jungkook can't help but kiss him again. This time, he lays his entire body on top of him while Taehyung wraps his hands around Jungkook's waist. He snuggles even closer, kissing his neck, nibbling on his earlobe and finding his way back to his soft lips. As their eyes meet, he slides his fingers through Taehyung's wispy hair. How can he look so damn sexy in the early morning?

"I'm crazy about you, Tae."

"You drive me crazy, Guk."

This time, Jungkook snuggles even closer to him. It feels good to feel Taehyung's heart against his own chest. They cuddle in this position for quite a while, giving each other tenderness and making each other feel like they've finally arrived. "Love is the most beautiful magic and the greatest happiness that can happen to a human being," Ji-eun had said on their wedding day.

For the first time, Jungkook can relate to her words. To love and be loved, a feeling he never wants to miss again.

But that also means they have to find a solution together. A long-distance relationship? Can that even work out in the long run? Jungkook hopes that Taehyung can somehow take away his rising anxiety.

"What's going to happen to us?"

"I don't know."

Not the answer he was hoping for.

"But...this wasn't a one-time thing for you, right?"

"Don't be silly. You know I'm not like that."

"Well..."

"I'll always wait for you."

"And I'll always come back to you. But..."

"But?"

"...a long-distance relationship...can that even work in the long run?"

Taehyung signals Jungkook to sit up. He leans back against the wall as Jungkook watches him lying sideways.

"I honestly have no idea."

"It took us twenty years to find each other...there must be some solution for us to stay together."

"You're already flying back tomorrow. I don't think we can manage to find a solution today."

Before Jungkook gets the chance to reply, his cell phone rings on the nightstand. He turns to the other side to grab it, accepting his son's call.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning, Dad! I hope I didn't wake you up."

"No. It's all good."

"I just wanted to remind you to be out of the hotel room in half an hour. Yeonjun and I are packing our things right now."

"Thanks for the reminder!"

"Meeting downstairs in front of the hotel?"

"Alright. See you later."

Jungkook hangs up and looks at the cell phone screen for quite a while.