Author's Note

Dear Readers,
This book is inspired by a random meme/drawing I came across online (PS. lemme know who the artist of it is, so I can give credit for inspiration, haha).

This is just a fun project I want to work on when I need a break from real life. I don't think anyone should take it that seriously.

Being a part of the queer community, I've seen/read various media that perfectly portray the struggles and tragedy of being queer in a homophobic world, but I'm a little tired of that narrative since I'm experiencing it as well. I wanted to create something that is witness to queer joy instead of queer pain because there is so much joy in being queer, and somehow, mainstream media manages to foreshadow the joy to capitalize on queer struggles.

Thus, this book contains a world where being queer isn't considered different and where we don't have to delve into the internal conflicts of coming to terms with your sexuality (we wouldn't have that if the world wasn't so heteronormative and being straight according to society wasn't the supposed default). The characters will acknowledge their sexuality as something very natural from the beginning to the end, simply because I'm tired of the constant self-questioning. We will talk about it briefly as a reflection of the characters' feelings, but focus more on the plot.

This book is just teenagers being teenagers, and just trying to figure out the world at their pace. There are enough media showcasing the plight of us, so we're just gonna have fun here. Here's to soft gay kisses, the enemies-to-lovers trope, friendship, and Sappho, our Mother.

Love,
Sufi.