P R O L O G U E

D E V I K A & A T H A R V A
~ the couple of ~

(previously named - meri chandani)__________________________________

__________________________________

"Aap is rishte se khush toh hain, na?"
There was utter silence for minutes in the balcony as Devika stood near the parapet, looking down aimlessly in confusion with a feeling of hesitation and awkwardness in her heart when she heard her not so yet 'fiance' ask her the question that made her turn her head just a little bit to glance at him for once before she looked away and nodded her head, still unsure of her thoughts.

"Ek sawal puchun?" She after another few minutes of silence asked hesitantly, and this time the man nodded at her, she looked up at him to see his face and found him staring at her with a very stern expression, his face void of any emotions or confusion. She at that moment understood him enough that he is a man with clarity. He knows how to handle things and how to react and just when to react. He didn't show much interest towards her by his face, but his face even didn't looked like he is uninterested. 'So, you're dealing with a diplomat, han?!' her mind smirked, she had this already building up interest in him.

"Aapko Aarushi ke mere saath rehne se koi aitraaz nahi hai?" She very soft spokenly questioned, sounding as simple as she could but her question put up a hidden smile on his lips as he observed her keenly. He is Atharva Vashisht, the great business man afterall, he is obviously great at reading people like an open book, now, with so much experience.

"Aitraaz hota agar ismein kuch galat hota. She's your daughter and who so ever you marry, after marriage she'll be legally theirs as well. I don't think having a child should be an issue to anyone." Even though he did not mention that he is the one who will marry her, Devika understood that he is wise enough to not create a scene about a thing that really isn't an issue and she was happy at heart that finally she met a suitor who is just good and kind enough to understand her situation and equation with Aarushi and he is not rely upon separating her from her daughter.

"Thank you" she slowly thanked him for his generosity and again focused towards the garden that was visible from the balcony making him sigh deeply before he began..."I don't know if I should say this right now, or not, but main nahi chahta ki hum kuch bhi shuru karne se pehele hi sach se dur bhaagein. Isiliye, I need to tell you something, very honestly!" As he spoke such words while moving his right hand through his black silky hair, Devika's heart raced like a horse and she stared at him with those eyes that were a few seconds back full of hope, but now were again empty.

"Kya-" She cautiously stated, not even asked.

"Don't expect it from me to ever just love you, Devika because that's not my cup of tea. I am not an expressive person and I prefer keeping emotions and love kinda things away from me. I can promise you everything that a marriage has, but not love." He clearly spoke being his straight-forward self, but he was unaware of the fact, that some how, he made her heart bled with pain. She did not know what to react. 'Why? Does he think she is not good enough to be loved?' She questioned her own self, but then thought of keeping these complex thoughts and feelings away and play cool.

"I understand. I only expect, trust and loyalty in this relationship." She spoke with a cold stare and faked a little smile, which made him suddenly feel bad but he just nodded his head before he started again.

"I am sorry if I've hurt your feelings but-" and before he could even complete, he was interrupted by Ayesha.

"Didi, agar baatein hogayi ho toh neeche chalein? Sab wait kar rahe hain aap dono ka..."

"Haan, chalo. Aap bhi aajayein." Devika nodded quickly and told him to join them too before walking away making him leave out a breath he himself didn't know he was holding back. "I've hurt her. She will for sure deny to marry me."

He regretted over his own stupidity before he walked down the stairs and back into the hall where everyone was sitting, curiously waiting to know what they think of this alliance when very unexpectedly he heard her say...

"mujhe yeh rishta manzoor hai!"

*******

Hey, dear reader. I hope you liked the plot of my story "Meri Chandani" do share your views regarding this short prologue that gives a brief look into the story.

Also, the first chapter will be posted soon after the introduction and character sketch so do add this one to your library and even reading lists, if you're interested.

And at last, I welcome you wholeheartedly on this journey with Devika and Atharva into their lives!

Love Love,
Ishika♡