𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Start from the beginning

      Rolling his eyes, Taemoo continued. "I'm not joking around, I'm trying to make a point."

      "You should try to make a point later, not now when we're five minutes away from meeting your grandfather and you have to pretend to not only like me, but love me." She said, her teasing voice never wavering.

✧༺♥༻✧

    Walking towards the restaurant, Hyejin couldn't help but bite down on her lip nervously. "Are you sure your grandfather will like me?"

      "You were perfectly fine in the car, but now you're nervous?"

      "In the car I was too occupied trying to get you in character, I didn't have time to overthink." She shrugged, politely bowing to the women who began leading them inside.

     "So why are you so nervous now?"

     "Because, what if he thinks I tried too hard with my outfit? Or I didn't try enough? Or that I'm daft and all I can think about is clothes and makeup? Or that I'm not good enough of for you, then we did all of this for nothing and-"

       "That's enough." Taemoo cut her off, not showing his shock at the scenarios running through her head.

       Ignoring him, Hyejin suddenly gasped, turning towards Taemoo with wide, worried eyes, swiftly grabbing his arm as she came to a halt. "What if he finds out we're lying to him and that we don't actually love each other?"

      "Then you can try loving me for real."

      Breath hitching at his words, as she stared up at him, Hyejin furrowed her eyebrows, hoping he didn't notice the way her grip tightened on his sleeve, or the way her creased eyebrows became flat but rose up at his words, or even worse, the light shade of pink that dusted her cheeks, one that she couldn't even blame on the biting cold around them.

     "Well, at least while we're in there." And that was all it took for Hyejin to let go of the man in front of her, looking away from his intent gaze and giving him a tight lipped smile, mentally degrading herself for having any hope at all.

      "I've been able to pretend to tolerate you this far, I think I can try to love you." She shrugged, the both of them approaching the entrance of the restaurant. "You might have to put in more work. The emotionless front isn't convincing anyone."

     "I'd hope my fake girlfriend would know me well enough to know that it's not a front." Taemoo said, leading Hyejin inside before they took off their shoes. "Grandpa, we're here."

   Laughing in anticipation, Taemoo's grandpa got up from his seat and approached them, a big smile evident on his face. "Well, Ms. Choi Hyejin. Look at how much you've grown. I remember when you were just this small." He said, holding his hands close together. "You've gotten so beautiful!"

    "Thank you so much, Mr. Kang." Hyejin chuckled, bowing in respect as she shook his hand. "You're still as young as I remember."

     "Oh please, I've gotten so old!" He laughed. "But let's not stand here any longer, let's go eat."

✧༺♥༻✧

     "Thank you so much for making time to sit down and talk to us properly, I'm sure it wasn't easy clearing up your schedule." Hyejin thanked seriously as she took off her white trench coat, placed it on the back of her chair and hung her blush pink purse beside it.