Happy to See You~ (DOUMAKAZA)

Having trouble with history was a problem for Douma. He sighed unhappily at his result and twirled.his hair in his fingers like he usually did when he was upset.

He wanted to go home, but if he did he would have to face the empty house that he lived in, the silence would be deafening.

A little rattle from the door made his gaze look toward ls a pale man, pink hair and long eyelashes. As they made eye contact, Douma froze, but kept his demeanor.

From the other's perspective, Douma looked like an angel. He had long blond hair, the rays of sunshine making it look like a halo rested upon his head. That person, Akaza, kept his focused demeanor as well, looking around the room.

"Have you seen my pen?" He spoke.

The blond widened his eyes. "Oh... This one? I used it for my exam, I hope you don't mind... I forgot my own."

"That's okay." He took the pen, their fingertips brushing.

Douma walked home that day with a little sense of warmpth in his chest, even getting distracted and almost missing his stop home.

He clutched his chest once he laid down, whispering. "Maybe... Thsi afternoon won't be so empty." He looked to his phone and smiled at his success to get the boy's number.

In case I need a pen again!

He said, cheerfully. Totally not because he wanted to see his face again. Maybe highlighted by the rays from in front of him, a little sparkle in his golden eyes.

He decided to message him, not even thinking beforehand.

Hey!

Who's this?

The boy who borrowed your pen! My name is Douma, by the way (⁠✯⁠ᴗ⁠✯⁠)

Ah. I'm Akaza.

Nice.

They sat there, not knowing what to say as they stared at their phones.

We're you struggling in your exam?

Akaza found himself asking, sighing and wondering why the fuck he asked that.

I... Was. How did you know?

You had a sad face. I'll be over and we can study for next time. Better late then never, right? You better have a clean house.

Wait, when will you be over?

No answer.

"Uhh.." Douma looked around. Wa ships house clean? He lived alone, there was nothing to really do except shop. He never really did anything to entertain himself, often staring into the silence until he heard the nightly birds and headed out for a walk.

Soon enough, a know on the door was to be heard, and a deadpan Akaza stood at the door, a baggy button up and high jeans form fitting to his body.

Now that they were closer, he was much smaller than Douma, he noticed.

They stared and Douma let him in with a gasp.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

Douma sighed. Akaza was patient, and part of him was grateful because Douma was a slow learner, so if the really were gonna study he needed to be patient with him.

That afternoon definitely wasn't empty, and once Akaza left, Douma found himself crying.

He didn't know why.

Why was he crying? He never cried. He always smiled, looking into the distance with an empty look, his mind unable to process those emotions of sadness and depression that others felt.

He sat there, and gasped. It was raining. It just a study session, what was he crying about? Maybe... Maybe it was because this wasn't the first time Akaza had come over.

He remembered a couple months ago, a guy came over to deliver a parcel when it was raining. It was his last delivery. Douma invited him in, and the same guy as Akaza accepted.

That's how he knew his address.

Douma didn't know why, but he found himself putting on clothes, then rushing outside, umbrella in hand.

"AKAZA!"

The boy turned around. The rain had made his eyes droop, and his hair became straight.

Douma pulled out the umbrella, opening it over them both.

"You didn't... Have an umbrella."

"You put on clothes, to give me an umbrella...?"

Douma froze. No. That's not why I came outside.

"I wanted to say thank you. For making my house... Not empty. And ..."

And for helping me cry.

But he didn't get the chance to say it, because Akaza pulled him into a hug, and held him close.

"It's nothing."

"No... No! It's everything. How..."

How did you make me cry?

"Hhh...."

Akaza smiled, taking the umbrella from Douma and giving him a hug.

"Go home. Before the rain gets so much worse than it is."

~~

Okay idk what that was bruh help me