29) Similar Yet Different

Start from the beginning

Mrs Tansley blew the whistle again, shouting, "Come on everyone! Into your teams of four!"

Another groan left my lips. Should I just sit out?

I glanced to the side of the hall where it was isolated.

Hm, I could potentially hide myself in the corner.

An arm yanked me forward and the next thing I knew, I was in my team.

ARGHHHHHH I hope they know that I'm going to make them lose. I'll smile at them after.

My team was Pri, Eli and a very sexy-looking, handsome, gorgeous, hot-

Ray. Ray was in my team.

I stood, staring at the extremely sporty people, and then looked down at myself.

Ha, that's funny.

Maybe I should walk in the race just to save myself the embarrassment.

I giggled at the thought of their reaction if I did that and quickly composed myself at the second whistle.

Next was our formation: Pri was the first to run and had to pass the baton to Elijah, who then had to run and pass to me.

And I had to run.

With my legs.

With a baton.

And pass it to Ray: That seemed to be the only good part about this whole thing.

Talking about Ray, boy did he look good.

His shirt compressed against his toned muscles, boasting every curve and dip of skin in his arms, chest, abdomen and back.

All that is mine.

Every turn of the head defined Ray's jawline and cheekbones, making his facial structure intricate and bold.

All that is mine.

His black tracksuit bottoms hung loosely around his legs, but hugged his waist, which showed off the prominent v-line that of course, trailed down to-

No!

The feeling of my ears burning up made me slap my hands over them and rub frantically.

Stop it Noah! You're here for sports.

Not that I want to be here- But still! Stop it!

"Alright everyone! Team A and team B, get into pairs!" Mrs Tansley ordered and began handing over the batons to the teams. "In your positions!"

With how slow I was walking to my position in the relay, I might aswell have been a snail in my past life.

Trudging along, I finally got to my lovely space on the track. Lovely, just lovely.

I mean, who doesn't like running? Who doesn't like the feeling of the self-made air rushing through your hair?

And the feeling of your heart beating as if it would stop working? The feeling of your legs nearly collapsing underneath you? The way your lungs heave for air, like you held your breath for three years?

Who doesn't like that?

Me. I don't.

The whistle blew and Priyanka shot off, speeding along the track within a decent amount of seconds.

HER FACE!

Her ponytail flew behind her, as did she through the air. I couldn't help but laugh at her face: It was contorted in concentration- A bunch of pursed lips and narrowed eyebrows.