Vada let out a frustrated grunt, "Let me — please," she looked at her clock, "your birthday is over in 2 hours —"

Interrupting the girl, you ranted, "Exactly, my birthday is over in 2 hours, and you just showed up high, hungry and now, horny. Barely even that — you think that shit will make me feel better?! Do you even care how you've made me feel?"

Vada huffed; she was getting impatient, "Yes, I care. I apologized, didn't I?"

"That was your apology?" You shunned, disbelief overcame your face as Vada threw a tantrum, she threw herself onto her bed face down, screaming into her pillow.

"Are you serious Vada?! You mutter two words and then sex ...and then it's all supposed to go away?!"

Vada rolled over, turning over to face you, whining as she kicked her feet, "Oh my goddddd."

"You're unbelievable and single." you quickly gathered your things.

She sat up with haste, "Whoa, wh— what can we talk first?!"

"It's late. I should get home. My mom's been calling, so has my sister and best friend. They're all dying to see the bear you took me to make." You unlocked her room door and before you could pass through, Vada tugged at your arm.

"Y/N, wait, please — hold on," She anxiously bit her lip, her eyes unblinking as they searched your expressionless face, "I'll take you out tomorrow, okay? And we're still together, okay? Just let me make up for all of this. Just please —"

"Vada." You rolled your eyes as Vada pleaded, "Please, mi amor, I want to right a wrong, okay? I don't want to lose you... just let me make it up to you..."

That was a year ago.

You stirred while rhythmic bells tolled from your nightstand. You blindly reached for your phone, answering and grumbling, "Hello."

"HAAPPY BIIRTHDAAY TO YOU!" The caller sang loudly into your ear. You groaned, pulling the phone from your head. You looked at the caller id: TWINNEM😈

Twinnem was Quinn, your best friend. You put your phone back, letting him continue his song, "HOW OOOOOOLD ARE YOU?"

"Eighteen." You mumbled, giggling from your diaphragm.

"HOW OOOOOOLD ARE YOU?"

"EIGHTEEN," you answered louder this time, causing Quinn to laugh.

He cheered, "There's the birthday girl, loud and awake! You ready? I made plans!"

You groaned, "You know I hate plans."

Quinn smacked his teeth, "This isn't last year and I'm not Vada."

You rolled your eyes while he assured you, "I keep my word. Today gone be a good day!"

"Yeah, yeah, after school," you whined.

"Fuck all that, we starting right now! I'm getting you Chik-Fil-A this morning."

You perked up, "Whoa, princess treatment?"

"Yeah, princess treatment, but only because it's your day. Tomorrow you will be demoted back to homegirl," he confirmed and you laughed, "Anyway, I'll let you know when I'm close, alright?"

"Okay, thank you, I love you," you smiled.

"I love you too." Quinn wrapped, ending the call. You spent an additional minute laying there and scrolling through the notifications you'd received in your slumber.

One made you blush and then you got out of bed, dragging your feet to your room door. Just as it opened, your mother and sister were waiting for you with huge smiles painted on their faces. Your sister held a small birthday cake and your mother held her cellphone.