Chapter 2 - Tangled lives

Start from the beginning

"Namaste ACP Sahab!" (Greetings, ACP sir.) says a manly voice.

Arjun greeted him back sternly sensing something is wrong. Maitree identifies the uncomfortableness from his tone.

"Sir, don't you remember me? I am Harshavardan. I got released from prison last week. That's why I came to meet you," says the person.

The tone got some intense.

"No, what are you doing, Harsh? Have you gone crazy? Put the guns down," says Arjun restlessly.

Arjun moves forward and probably Harsh is going backward. Maitree understood that there is a stairs between his Arjun and entrance door and Harsh is standing there and that's why she couldn't see him.

Harsh is pointing gun towards Arjun it seems and he tries to divert him by talking to overpower him.

"If you have investigated the case properly, the lives of four people wouldn't have got spoiled," Harsh's voice breaks.

Again Arjun moves and takes stairs. She could see the upper body of the person. He is wearing a black shirt.

"You're being crazy, Harsh. Keep your guns down. We'll talk..., " says Arjun.

"How can you think that I'd kill my wife who is going to have her daughter in 2 months?" says Harsh.

"Harsh, you shouldn't do this."

"No..."

The video ends.

Maitree gets freezed. She wonders if Arjun is dead and checks for news in Internet. Her network is poor. She checks in newspaper and couldn't find any such news.

"So Harsh is dead," says Maitree.

Maitree opened the third video.

Video 3: Arjun calls an Inspector and asks him to come to his house.

After this, Maitree couldn't see the video gets tangled and gets darkened.

She opened the other videos and the it was darkened.

Maitree says, "Probably Arjun changed his dress and put this in laundry. There is no chance that he would have noticed it. Otherwise it would have got destroyed by touch."

***

***

Centra Bureau of Investigation, Mumbai

Arjun - "What is this, Mr. Sahil Sharma? Okay, I was aware of the fact that Ananya's case was complicated. But this level of complexity? On the top of that, the case is dated very long back."

Mr. Sharma - "Yes, sir. I agree that this case is such a headache. But why did you take up another case to investigate?"

Arjun - "What can I do, Sahil? He came to my house and committed suicide in front of me and I couldn't help. And he is telling me that I didn't investigate the case properly. Didn't you investigate properly?"