He approached the cashier's counter after passing through the tables that had potted plants on it, a middle-aged woman smiled at him. "Is there anything I can help?"

"Did a girl come here this morning?" he asked back quickly, the woman looked confused. "Brunette girl, she dyed the end of her hair with orange color, her eyes are black and she wears bobby pins."

"Ohh are you Miss Lucy's friend?"

Ennard frowned, but he nodded. "Was she here?"

"This morning, yes! She bought some sunflower seeds," the woman replied cheerfully. "She's such a nice girl."

"Did you see where she went after buying the flower seeds?"

"I told her to go to the nearest minimarket to buy something for her plants," answered the woman, she seemed a little surprised at Ennard who seemed very rushed—perhaps because he was in a hurry at this time, then Ennard immediately turned around and came out of that shop.

He headed to the nearest convenience store like what the woman told him, entered the convenience store and immediately looked at all the sections. There was no existence of Lucy like what he expected, Ennard sighed and was about to step out when he saw a girl's figure setting up a shelf, from the nametag worn Ennard finally knew how Jillian Hall looked like.

Ennard approached the girl, at which Hall also accidentally glanced at him and then smiled sweetly. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"You, Dawson's girlfriend, where is Dawson?"

Hall's face reddened instantly, she seemed panicked. "G-girlfriend? We haven't—we're not dating!" she said frantically, then she calmed down and stared at Ennard. "But who are you? You seem to know Lucy, what's your relationship with Lucy?"

"My lover is a close friend of her and he is worried about Dawson. Did you see Dawson today?"

"Lucy did come over this morning to buy some fertilizer," Hall answered slowly and hesitantly as she still stared hard at Ennard. "After we talked for a while she went straight home, nothing else."

Ennard held back a groan of annoyance, he found no info on where Lucy had gone. This time he developed bad feelings as well, he left the convenience store without another word. However, his steps halted when he heard Hall calling him from afar, he saw Hall running towards him and panted.

"I just remembered something," Hall said. "Before Lucy said she was going home, she told me she was going to buy some bread, so I showed her a good bakery around here."

Ennard only listened to Hall giving him instructions about the bakery, he thanked her briefly and quickly left according to what Hall told him. Ten minutes later he arrived at the bakery, and he stopped not far from there. His eyes widened when he saw someone serving—seemingly a customer. That dark-skinned man, he had seen him when they got here a few days ago, the man Michael had called an old friend.

Now he was reluctant, but there was nothing he could do other than pull up a mask and put it on to hide half of his face, then pull the hood back up to cover his red hair. Ennard walked towards the shop, he could smell the freshly baked bread—he couldn't help but tempted to buy.

The sound of the bell rang again as he entered, he began to think that maybe it wouldn't be polite if he just asked about a customer without buying something (totally not because he wanted to try some bread).

"Welcome!" the black-haired man greeted him warmly as he headed to the counter, Ennard glanced at his nametag for a moment; Simon Abraham. He was indeed an old friend of Michael's. "Is there anything you want to buy?"