chapter 26 "rejection"

Start from the beginning

"Then do not dare defile me." He advised.

"I have feelings, and I have the right to do as I please; I am not a plaything for you to keep." Lisa countered, her steps getting bolder as she neared the door, which was flung wide open.

"You are my mate, not a plaything!" Marcos howled, his voice booming, bouncing off the walls, and making everything shake.

Frames, lamps, and even the small chandeliers that still hung above the ceiling fell with a smash!

"Stop calling me your mate!" She shouted, "I am nothing related to a monster, not even a friend!"

Gasps were heard, followed by shrieks.

"Your Highness!"

"Luna, no!"

Pang!

Another blow was dealt to the heart, and Marcos felt it deeper than the previous ones due to the constant rejection.

He staggered, his eyes flashing a brief white, and this time he was mad.

He lunged at her, giving her the cue to run as she was already close enough to the door.

"Ahhhh!"

A scream escaped her lips as she ran down the hall with a really large wolf behind her, trying his best to get her.

Boom!

A crash was made as Marcos collided with the wall, shattering it to bits.

She feared looking back for fear of being killed, but she did, and when she did, it happened.

"Ahh–"

Her cries were muffled as a huge weight landed on her.

Bang!

Their collision with the hard floor sounded, along with other crashing sounds, as she felt herself constantly being flipped and rolling down a flight of stairs.

She had run blindly; therefore, she ignored the flight of massive stairs ahead of her.

Slam!

The last sound of the crash was heard, finally coming to a stop.

She opened her eyes, her tiny figure wrapped in the giant arms of the "monster" beneath her.

With a flip, she was lying under him, hovering above her.

Perhaps, due to his massive frame, the fall sent vibrations around the halls, and immediately after he flipped her, a huge frame fell.

"Mmm."          

He stifled a groan, closing his eyes and shielding her properly.

Blood oozed out at the side of his head, but he paid no mind as his attention was all on her.

"Your majesties!"

"Someone, help me lift this." Guards called as they all busied their hands in fear and worry.

"Are you all right?" Marcos asked, his voice groggy, still not opening his eyes.

Lisa stared unblinkingly at the man above her in shock.

She was meant to be the one asking him if he was all right, not the other way around.

"Yes," she told in a faint whisper, with her eyes cast at the side of his head, where the blood continued to spill.

"Good," he said, rising to his feet, the huge frame moving along with him.

"Your majesty, are you alright?" One of the many guards surrounding them asked, "You good?"

"Peachy." He replied, throwing the six-foot-tall frame aside. "See to it that she's okay."

Immediately, their attention was turned to her as they helped her to her feet.

"Are you okay, your highness?"

"Is anything hurting?"

"I am fine, thank you." She answered with a fluster; she hadn't had this much attention from anyone in a long while.

Hearing those words from her mouth again seemed to have reassured him, and without sparing any more glances at her, he left.

Seeing his retreating figure and the number of bruises now on his back made her eyes water, and a tang of guilt gnawed at the insides of her stomach.

"Your majesty!"

Mrs. B called to Marcos as he passed the halls upstairs.

"I am fine." He reassured her, seeing her eyes filled with worry. "But see to it that she is also fine; I need to leave."

"Where to? You are injured, and you might have a concussion." She breathed, "Don't give me the excuse of you being a werewolf, young man; werewolves have concussions too, even if you are the mighty king."

Her scolding brought out a chuckle from his lips: "Did you forget I still have a ball to attend?"

"Well, suspend the ball; you come first!"

He laughed lightly, saying, "It's good to see you care, Mrs. B, but I need to leave; duty comes first, and you know what happens when it isn't done."

She sighed, shaking her head, and said, "You be careful out there." She muttered as his figure passed her once more.

"I will."

He waved at her as he went into his room.

"That boy has been through a lot, and finally he gets his mate but still has to suffer through this." She sighed again. "Moon goddess, please, for the sake of his mother, give him the peace he deserves." She whispered pleadingly, clasping her hands.

"Please."

Now don't forget to vote and comment 😁 ... Really, my votes are dropping 😔

One word for Lisa , and my condolences to Marcos my baby 🤧😭